how to get some room on the river gre

Hey, I get what your saying. I stand on the Saugeen for 8 days every November and people will stand right on top of you because that's the spot they want to be in even if you are there before them. I usually suggest it's best if we have rod room between us and hope they move down. If not, then I decide action tactics for the idiot.

I have a very good friend that helps keep most from getting too close at first light. At least the ones who don't know us. He starts singing when he is bored, Way off key and makes up his own words. Sometimes we even use the rods to do an air guitar duet while we're waiting to be able to see the first drift or unload the boat for another days drifting. It would seem that even the racoons don't like Metallica at dawn minus 60 minutes. Oh well, more water for us!

Only 18 days until I hang up the hammer and pick up the long rods for another 4 month battle with mother nature, the bush and some fresh chrome! Not sure who is looking more forward to me getting out of the house again, me or the little woman.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks