how much snow is there on the ice

can anybody tell me how much snow is on the ice, I have my snowmobile apart and redoing it I, I am going fishing tomorrow and if I can drive my car out it would beat pulling my sled, I know there is enough ice to drive out on, matter of fact there is way more than enough, 20 years ago I drove my full size pick up truck on 10 inches of ice my son in law and myself fished 2 weeks ago sunday and then there was 16 inches of ice then thanks Ken

You'd be a brave sole to drive out their. All you would need is to find a soft spot and you'd be up shit creek without a paddle as they say. I'm not even sure their is an access good enough for a car with all the shore Ice and what not. Good luck and be safe If you do manage.

Hi Ken, Yes there is enough Ice on the Bay to support a car, but the problem is getting on. At present there are 2 accesses at the Old Cut. The one on the Right hand side is too steep and the access on the left goes thru the marsh bed and you would most likely break thru. Once that occurs you will ruin it for the rest of us, including R&R Outdoors who uses the left side access to operate his Ice Hut Rental Business/Taxi Service at the Old Cut Marina. I would contact Granger's or Bayside for their opinion on the St.Williams access.

Last edited:
Around 10 Years Ago, they used to drive off of the Livery Ramp across from the Marina. After lots of traffic this was the end result. Not Good.
1619532_277672855722749_1875975252_n.jpg

if i remember i think the guy in the blaser brought his dad down ice fish for the first time .think they brought a wrecker out on the ice over beside the reeds to the left to pull him out. i dont think they caught any fish that day .i dont know about you guys but im sure missing dig daves fishing reports and numbers now. wonder when big dave thinks the foirst fish will be in his boat this season .

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks