How long to calm the giant?

TonyV

How long does it take to calm the lake down after a big blow like this? Weather app looks good for Friday morning but Thursday is going to be just like today. Like everyone I am trying to get one more trip in but it's a two hour drive to find out. I have done that twice this year already...... stupid wind app.

The bad news as it stands at the moment we will get big SW winds stronger than today all day tomorrow until about 9 pm. The good news after that it's supposed to drop off to a light NW wind which I'm expecting will lay the lake down nicely by Friday morning. The wind is supposed to be light NW until it switches to a light SW at around noon.

Sounds like good fishing weather so let's hope the forecast holds true because I too want out on the lake at least one more time. :happy:

Last edited:
hey tony..I suggest waiting it out...a big roaring WSW wind yesterday ..it backed off to brisk today and gustin SW again tomorrow...tune into early friday am winds & waves at the stanley buoy...ya a possibilty of a small window of oppurtunity..looks windy in the extended...next window monday afternoon lay down and tuesday am might be fishin...

what port ya fishin out of..

just to mention fuel is 98.1 here in st.thomas today...I filled up my tanks at the Shell.. today..

Last edited:
Thanks Mick, I drive down from north of Guelph normally to Burwell. I've tried Dover and Maitland but seem to always do better out of Burwell. Regardless it's two hour to get on Erie water from here. I will check Windy app and the Stanley bouy on Friday early. Its going to be busy out ther if that wind sits down Friday,

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks