How is the Sportman show VS Fishing and Boating Show?

one.last.cast

I've only attended the Spring Fishing and Boating show in Mississauga past year. I have never attend the Sportman Show. Planning on attending this Friday. How does it compare with regards to fishing? Not a hunter myself.

Pretty much same question. Are there no tax deals on electronics and such? Been to one of those shows maybe 20 yrs ago or earlier. The show was in the spring, not sure if sportsman or boat and fish. They had a pool full of small rainbows for kids to catch and a bunch of seminars from Italo and other TV personalities. The parking was hectic too if I remember correctly and was crowds and crowds of people back then.
Golden years of banjo minnow;)

Sportsman show is bigger and not packed with overpriced boats. There is alot more to see and better tackle venders. Unfortunately don't think there is a trout pond this year but there is a casting pond for kids where they can win stuff and the lure making booth. Son still uses jig he made 4 Yeats ago

Was at the Sportsman Show today and was Discussed at the Show or ( Flea Market) Only J B's Tackle were there as a Shop and a few small independent tackle makers. Quads and Mostly Hunting Stuff very little in Fishing. Great to get out but waste of money for this show. Another Cancel for next year, No Pure Fishing, Shimano, or other people

Was at the Sportsman Show today and was Discussed at the Show or ( Flea Market) Only J B's Tackle were there as a Shop and a few small independent tackle makers. Quads and Mostly Hunting Stuff very little in Fishing. Great to get out but waste of money for this show. Another Cancel for next year, No Pure Fishing, Shimano, or other people
I also went. I got some discount on Lowrance stuff from Radioworld which made it worthwhile, got some tackle from JB, saw a couple of interesting rods from Streamside, Meegs and St Croix. The one I wanted to buy and possibly needed they didnt have the length I was after, the one I wanted to buy but really didnt need I forgot, and the Avid was too much $$ for my liking. If I didnt need that big ticket Lowrance item not sure if its worth time. But saw this bizarre tent for Tundra and spoke with the owner of plastic baits NXS fishing, super nice guy and interesting products they make

Attachments

• IMG_20230316_160300.jpg
    IMG_20230316_160300.jpg
    191.6 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_20230316_165348.jpg
    IMG_20230316_165348.jpg
    178.8 KB · Views: 21
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks