How did everyone do!

riverduck

I don't post too often as I am still pretty new to Long point but was wondering how everyone did on the opener? It is my son's first season out with me and we were there with the plan to leave when it was light and hunted number 10. We were skunked with the only duck in range flying away after a misfire. Only had a few in 20+ years and of course I get one that day! LOL. Anyway, we watched the guys in 21 shoot 7 ducks after we arrived at 930. Heard a bunch of other shots too. What was the day like for everyone else?

Chris

Riverduck......officially 91 hunters harvested 229 birds for a 2.5 average. Unfortunately opportunities were not very well distributed and some re-rent hunters did a lot better in the late afternoon than folks who lined up for their choice at 5:00am. Overall it was not a great opening day at the Unit.

This seems like a nice easy thread to respond too !!
opening day was great as always 12 birds and a goose done early but still got rained on .

" Thats 12 already ? count them again Larry "

12 ducks and a honker by 8:30
had 6 down by 7:00, could have been done real fast if wasnt working the dog.
Mallards and bluebills this weekend eh duckman!

We avoided the lake for opener and hunted a local stream/pond system between Simcoe & Delhi. Ended up with 15 woodies and saw 30+ on the morning. The best opening day for me by far and it was pretty much in my backyard!

IMG_0783.jpg

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks