How bumpy was the lake today.

bigdog

I was at Bruce this morning at about 8:00 am .
Many boats coming in off the lake at that early hour.
How bumpy was it???

It was bumpy lol
I stayed out from like 730-1130
Had to call it because one person wasn't feeling so great,
Nice to get out there anyways

It was a bit lumpy the farther out you got. We where in 57 ft for a hour got 6 pics and 2 bows then my crew got sick. Slow drive in against the waves

There were a few splashes in the face while on plane this morning and it was progressively worse as you went out, its was just barley white capping some waves 6.5 miles so maybe 2ft looking like 4.

Then is ever so slowly got better and better to say 1ft wave that I could run full plane back in about 2ish .

Was out from 6:00 am till 4pm with my son
Rough in the morning out 53 ' came back to closer to shore to 44' was much better to control the boat
By noon was a beautiful day except for the bugs let me tell you they sure can bite
Fishing was awsome for us with one big eye and a respectible rainbow
Lots of smaller size eyes only two sheephead
Had a great day with my son he is off to university this fall

Ya it was a rough day for sure! A few sets of waves every so often had to have been 4 footers. We had 5 pics in the box by 10:00....the lake calmed down around 11 then the fishing did around noon. All in all a great day on the water

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks