Hotlinefishing Report Port Bruce July 26 & 27

Hotlinefishing

There has been a big improvement in the walleye fishing this week with several boats getting limit catches in the morning before noon and also the evening bite has been hot for some folks. We have been fishing in deeper water from 66 to 67 feet out in front of Bruce and a little west. Our program on the last two trips consisted of 80 to 100% body baits on lead cores and spoons on the dipseys setback 135 on a 1 setting. The best colors are purple, purple/black, and silver blue. On July 26th 5 of the walleye enhaled the body baits almost completely and they were really feeding. There were some large schools scattered about in 67 feet and you only had to troll a short distance to get the next big bite. We trolled on a north south pattern between the waves and the winds were out of the east around 8 knots. We ran 8 color cores and added another 125-150 feet since the 9 colors were going the best. The ripplin redfin with silver flecks and purple was really hot for both days. I have posted a couple of photos of the fish that hit these lures.
We were fishing 58-62 feet earlier in the week and had limited success with tons of silver bass and farm animals and we only caught a few of these in the deeper water.

Stats:
Most of the fish were marking at 53 down in 67 feet of water
Leadcores of 9 colors worked the best with 8 colors with 125-125 fee added a close second
Our ten colors were not firing so we pulled them on July 26 and only ran one on July 27
The down temps at 50 feet are still warm in the low 70's
Body baits outperformed our spoons about 5 to 1
I am going to the tackle store to pick up more purple/blk, purple/silver redfins, straight bombers or anything else that has this pattern.
Other guys got limits on stick baits in the same pattern that were fishing within 1/2 mile of us

Good luck and go get em!

John
IMG_00000318.jpgIMG_00000320.jpgIMG_00000324.jpgIMG_00000325.jpgIMG_00000335.jpgIMG_00000339.jpgIMG_00000344.jpg

Wow that is one awesome report. Love the detail you put in there. Novice fishermen will really appreciate this. Looks like a real happy bunch of guys. Thanks

Some great shots John... Wanted to head out today but with the iffy weather not going to chance... Sucks being a weekend warrior...

Some great shots John... Wanted to head out today but with the iffy weather not going to chance... Sucks being a weekend warrior...

Hi Jammer,

Yes, when I was only fishing weekends and 50% of them were windy you have high hopes on Thursday and Friday and they go down the drain with the Friday afternoon wind reports. If you get off work early enough we could try an evening fish sometime. My vessel is always ready to go.

Thanks,

John

Once again Hotlinefishing, fantastic report and thanks for sharing.

Thanks for the excellent detailed report Hotlinefishing. Great pictures. If wind is ok on sunday I will do the 2 hour drive to get there. Another weekend warrior here until mid August.

like everyone else has already said... great report!!
what helps me even more is you showed a picture of the lure, as I am not up and up on the names of these lures.
I am hoping to get out Monday night, but the weather doesnt look promising for that.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks