HORTY,S WEATHER REPORT

it was great this am ,,but I would not be going latter today the lake is rolling about 1 meter now ,,when we left ,,Dutch

NOT GOOD.strong N/E wind large rollers:eek:,the rain is on its way,not a good day to be out there:(

It's amazing that we are only 1.5 hrs drive east and it is dead calm here. NFL, not for long. The radar looks like this rain is taking a dip SE of us and might miss us, I can only hope. We didn't get any of the 90 KPH winds here last night that they were predicting either, that's OK. I hope guys don't say, hey it looks good only to be caught out there today when it hits fast and hard.

SO!-LOOKS like the storm has blown thru:D,still a little drizzle:rolleyes:,an large rollers:ROFLMAO:will be off-shore winds today:oops:,not a great for fishing:(,lake is stirred up pretty good ,will take a few days to clean her up:(,mud line is out as far as I can see:geek:

Hoping for an early morning update tomorrow :), conflicting wind forecasts tomorrow. Windfinder says northeast 4-8kts, OFS says west-northwest 5-10kts? One turning east, the other turning west and picking up. Thanks!

anybody up yet hoping to get down this morning for a feed of perch ,just wondering how the wind is at burwell ,,,Dutch

Just talked to my buddy down near Hastings and he says it's rolling pretty good down there. With winds predicted to increase, we cancelled our perch run in the tinny.

Today is a bad idea according to environment canada
the marine forecast says strong wind warning for eastern/ central basin
20 knots in afternoon

Today is a bad idea according to environment canada
the marine forecast says strong wind warning for eastern/ central basin
20 knots in afternoon
Fair enough
I've been watching the forecast and just noticed the strong wind keeps getting pushed later into the afternoon and noticed the wave height died down a bit.
Was hoping someone who can see the lake or is/has been out could verify.

just got ba ck from burwell ,it was a bumpy ride coming back against the wave s nut we got a nice batch of perch out in front of the sand hills ,there was a lot of boats out today .dutch

just got ba ck from burwell ,it was a bumpy ride coming back against the wave s nut we got a nice batch of perch out in front of the sand hills ,there was a lot of boats out today .dutch
Thank you
I did make it out was a little bumpy but fun none the less

i was out too. Lake was flat when we got there, wind really picked up about 8:30 on the way east, fished til about noon at Sandhills 50', got about 60 nice ones before i had an ill crew member :hungover:, packed it in a noon as was calling for 20 knots west, when the windmills were stopping figured it was time to go. was an hour ride back at 10mph, wind seemed to be swinging NW closer to Burwell. with a chance of T-storm in the forecast didn't want to push it. tough to feel the light biters with 4-5' swells :). Tug dropped a net just west of us when we got there so figured it was a good spot, saw another tug running back from the east as well

LOL-take 2 days off an ev1 is lost:cool: lake is flat this am:) will be good winds all day(y) ,tugs r strt south of port this am ,only a few perch were taken on CANADA day,but 1 buddy did well on the walleye(not details as yet)-looks like weekend is shapeing up to be a good 1:)(y):D:D:D

LOL-take 2 days off an ev1 is lost:cool: lake is flat this am:) will be good winds all day(y) ,tugs r strt south of port this am ,only a few perch were taken on CANADA day,but 1 buddy did well on the walleye(not details as yet)-looks like weekend is shapeing up to be a good 1:)(y):D:D:D
Lol hope you had a good couple days off!! ;)
I'm heading down shortly!

what are the winds doing out there right now on erie in the 50 fow ??? ...I use windfinder and sailflow sites for current conditions and wind forecasts... there saying ESE 10 knots at 11 am predicting winds will be subsiding this afternoon...I would like to try going out late today for a box of walleye.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks