HORTY,S FISHING BUDDIES

horty, great to see you are at it in full force.....wayne sent me a text the other day and said the 3 of us need to get out in July....heck of an idea for sure. hoping to get the new boat in the water first week of july and chase some perch....never done it on erie so might ask for a few pointers.

Thanks for the fishing trip Horty. I really enjoyed the day with you, Leigh and Albert!! I have included a few pictures of some of the fish before and after. The whole family really enjoyed some of Eries fresh fish!!! Thanks again!!!

Attachments

• P6190873.JPG
    P6190873.JPG
    564.8 KB · Views: 81
  • P6190875.JPG
    P6190875.JPG
    496.7 KB · Views: 78
  • P6190876.JPG
    P6190876.JPG
    627.3 KB · Views: 78
  • P6190879.JPG
    P6190879.JPG
    653.2 KB · Views: 76
  • P6190880.JPG
    P6190880.JPG
    639.6 KB · Views: 72
  • P6190873.JPG
    P6190873.JPG
    564.8 KB · Views: 72
  • P6190875.JPG
    P6190875.JPG
    496.7 KB · Views: 67
  • P6190876.JPG
    P6190876.JPG
    627.3 KB · Views: 71
  • P6190879.JPG
    P6190879.JPG
    653.2 KB · Views: 73
  • P6190880.JPG
    P6190880.JPG
    639.6 KB · Views: 69
Thanks for the fishing trip Horty. I really enjoyed the day with you, Leigh and Albert!! I have included a few pictures of some of the fish before and after. The whole family really enjoyed some of Eries fresh fish!!! Thanks again!!!

How do you guys do your batter?

Looks delicious!

The fish in the picture above were dipped in a couple beaten eggs and then thrown in a large Ziploc bag with crushed up (fairly fine) salted crackers...1-1/2 sleeves. Great quick recipe when you are rushed for time. Depending on size of fillet...just do 2-4 at a time in egg and then cracker.

The fish in the picture above were dipped in a couple beaten eggs and then thrown in a large Ziploc bag with crushed up (fairly fine) salted crackers...1-1/2 sleeves. Great quick recipe when you are rushed for time. Depending on size of fillet...just do 2-4 at a time in egg and then cracker.

Thanks, I am going to try that tomorrow.

Horty I am planning to get down there Wed or Thurs with my brother. If you are available I'll take you out on my boat., plenty of room 19' StarCraft. No charge other than your GPS co ordinates!

If no one has tried it crush up some cheesy Ritz crackers as well. I put a bit of milk in the eggs and a good amount of Montreal Steak Spice in the egg wash. Crushed Corn Flakes are good too. A thousand ways to do them up, getting them is the hard part.

Awesome thank you!
I usually do them with eggs and cracker crumbs but don't normally turn out looking as tasty as those ones in the pic.
Sometimes my cracker crumbs won't stick.

I did buy some corn flake crumbs and tortilla chip crumbs to try next time.

I didn't really like those pre mixed fish crisp packages tho.

HAD a great SENIORS DAY on the water with PACKRAT an crew:),best day I have had in along time,took a while to get these pier fishermen used to boat fishing:rolleyes: but they figured it out:cautious:,a lot of variety ,lots of perch,silvers, smelt,gobies,an a double header of sheephead:eek::LOL:,PACK RAT has pictures,feel free to add them Gord(y),YOU R ALL welcome anytime,maybe a walleye run?

Hi Horty.....Alex here trying to hook up with you this coming Friday if the weather is ok and you have room for a 6'5" tallguy.....I think you mentioned Friday the 3rd was open....please advise.....tallguy76@rogers.com......whether it's perch or first walleye run??what to bring???time??location??cell number??thankyou...Alex..chiroalex..grandpa

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks