Hoovers Launching

m burr

Havent been to Hoovers for a couple of years.. have they made any improvements with the launch? It was terrible to try to launch there by myself. The uneven launch pad as well as the poor docks with nothing to tie to was a problem. Would go back for sure if they have made improvements.

You need to launch on left (restaurant) side if your boat is large. Center dock between launches was replaced awhile back but it still narrow. Not much improvements. Those pieces of angle iron still stick out at the end of the middle dock and will eat your paint if you don’t watch out

Looks good to me....

IMG_20191203_0737275.jpg

Although maybe I'm confusing Hoover's with somewhere else.......;).

@m burr I have some extra removable dock cleats you can have next time you're over, that's how I manage there solo. I guess some 5 dollar cleats and a box of screws is 'asking more than they are able to give' so I'm thinking some old tires or bumpers on the bare steel would be completely out of the question. Sometimes I launch over at the travel lift, it's a lot better but they don't always let you...

Last edited:
There are improvements made! Come on fellas.. Besides being leveled out there a 2 rubber bumpers cut in half to cover the pipes on the end of the dock now. LOL!!
Use the left as elmerfudd stated. It drops a little faster so you don't have to back in so far...and keep an eye on the pieces of angle iron at the end of dock(both sides). As long as you you can get the ass of you boat to go past the pipes a little once your floating you won't touch them... keep inside the pipes and you might rub up on it.

Mechanic: I have been given permission to use the lift ramp in the past but was warned that it’s really steep. Is that the case In your experience?

Well it may be a bit steep but it seemed okay to me. At least it doesn't look like the Normandy beach on D-day with steel hedgehog spikes all over! I think the middle dock was supported on something like this a couple of years ago, although by the look of my boat it must have been a bit heavier and larger.

1629393255018.png

Last edited:
There are improvements made! Come on fellas.. Besides being leveled out there a 2 rubber bumpers cut in half to cover the pipes on the end of the dock now. LOL!!
Use the left as elmerfudd stated. It drops a little faster so you don't have to back in so far...and keep an eye on the pieces of angle iron at the end of dock(both sides). As long as you you can get the ass of you boat to go past the pipes a little once your floating you won't touch them... keep inside the pipes and you might rub up on it.
Which one is the left ramp, upstream side or closest to the patio?

patio side is the good side. But dont let your boat drift to the wall on that side without fenders on it - Its angle iron on top of the concrete over there. Stay close to the dock in the middle....but not so close as to hit the angle iron under the last post!!!!!

patio side is the good side. But dont let your boat drift to the wall on that side without fenders on it - Its angle iron on top of the concrete over there.
Been there, got the T-shirt....

Trust me, G-mech, we are dressed alike. I get along fine with Ron and the guys over there. I know him through a mutual friend. Just wish they’d spend a little and I do mean a little to get it right. I’ve threatened to go do it myself and out of my own wallet. I’m gonna cry the first time I hack up the new elmerfudd 2.0

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks