Hook set

can't miss

A little off topic, but it does effect my hook set. Gout, guessing there may be a few other's out there that have experienced this nasty aliment?
Have battled it for yrs, and as like most, started in big toe, but anymore can be in almost any joint, wrist and knee more often anymore. Have the med's to help, but they're awfully hard on your stomach. Had a good go for better part of a yr gout free, but it has shown back up in my wrist in time for fishing season.
I have heard many home remedies from cherry's to apple cider vinegar, and of course, diet. Has anyone found any that work for them? Need to get my hook set back.

It's funny you mention gout in your wrist...I have gout in my right wrist this very minute...Diet is very important....I have been taking INDOMETHICIN for pain..for years now. Also taking ALLOPURINOL everyday...And I still get gout...there is no cure...just control.. Drink lots of water...Good luck..hope it goes away soon...

I had my first flare up of this affliction and it freaked me out. Never had my foot hurt so badly. I went to my chiropractor thinking I needed orthodics for my shoes. He asked me if I was hitting the beers or booze a bit harder lately. Said no as I don't drink much anyway. He said "you have gout" after pinching the joint of my big toe and watching me launch off the bench. Told me to avoid organ meats like heart, kidney and liver. I'm of German decent and I like Liverwurst on occasion on nice rye bread. That's a bit hard but the rest no problem YUCK. He said to drink Beet juice YUCK!! Went to the health food store and told them and they were helpful. I bought some cherry extract concentrated for my water bottle and a supplement that I can'r recall the name of. But I haven't had a flare up in a couple years so I consider myself fortunate.
I hope you find relief somehow

100% Cherry juice from a health store helped my Mother immensely for gout related to uric acid. I have what they call pseudo gout the medical name is Condra Calcinosis. It is the same painful symptoms as Gout but isn't related to uric acid as is gout and manifests itself in the large joints of the hips and knees as well as the smaller joints like feet, toes and hands. It is calcium deposits in the joints and then those calcium deposits once built up enough break up and lodge themselves in the joint. It feels like small pieces of glass being crunched up in the joint. Many confuse gout and Condra Calcinosis as being one and the same, that includes some Physicians. There is a simple blood test for each. I was being treated for gout including meds when it was really pain related to nerve damage due to Diabetes and pseudo gout.

What do you call a person that comes dead last in their medical class?

Doctor.

Wow very good post started here. I don't (luckily) suffer from this nasty ailment but have two co-workers
that do. They say the pain can be extreme sometimes. I would like to see this post continue and possibly help
other sufferers.
Thanks GPS

Lots of water fresh cheerys and hurts like hell but hit it a good wacking will be better the next day and gone in 2 or 3 the wacking loosens the crystals up so they are not sticking togher sounds harsh but better a few min of pain then a week or more

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks