hissing sound from motor

live2fish

Yesterday I did an oil change, filter and gas filter, and lower end unit lube. Today I started the motor up to make sure everything was ok. Much to my surprise when I went to turn it off I now hear a hissing sound like its venting? I have never heard this when doing my change's before. Has anyone got any idea what it is ? I am hoping to go musky fishing in a few weeks so I hope its nothing major and expensive. My motor is a 150 hp merc.
thank you for any help you can provide.

youtube video of it:

The sound almost sounds like it was coming from the tube at the bottom of the item circled in the pic. I should have held my hand there to see if I could feel the air venting?

Attachments

• IMG_1742.jpg
    IMG_1742.jpg
    261.4 KB · Views: 35
proctor marine helped me out, its ok! its the AIC parking. Normal.... my memory is going to crap though since I don't recall it ever being that loud before with the cowl off.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks