HIN Hull serial numbers

keeper

I was trying to find more info on a boat by checking the HIN (hull id number), so I tried boatfax.com thinking it would be like carfax.com

I was very disappointed, boatfax just gave me garbage. like things were OK, 7% chance this boat was stolen, no history just OK checklists. The final thing was that the HIN was missing a digit. This made it for sure that they just made the stuff up. Some blogs are saying this site is no good and is offshore not USA or Canada. I just blew $ 22

Does anyone know, how to get a good HIN check ?

Thanks

I ran into the same problem last year, I tried service canada, police department, boat fax, etc. there all useless. Is the boat registered, if yes, and the seller has the registration you should be o.k. Make sure the seller has the ownership for the trailer, and that the vin numbers match. See if your insurance company can help. Good luck!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks