Off Topic Hey Pike fisherman those signs mean something.

Lpgar

Yesterday while out for a layout Shoot in Big Rice a couple of passionate Pike anglers in a red Aluminum decided to try their luck behind the CWS signs right to the base of the bay lifting hundreds of roosting birds from their protected spot. We have been waiting for the blow on the weekend to build this and in 20 minutes they were gone basically ruining the spot till the next blow. Then....when they had not had enough in there decided behind the company signs and right behind the layout would be a good spot. Yup....You can fish in the areas in the summer in some of those spots but come fall it is important to stay out to give the birds some place to rest. You could be liable to trespass charges and large fines.

Yesterday while out for a layout Shoot in Big Rice a couple of passionate Pike anglers in a red Aluminum decided to try their luck behind the CWS signs right to the base of the bay lifting hundreds of roosting birds from their protected spot. We have been waiting for the blow on the weekend to build this and in 20 minutes they were gone basically ruining the spot till the next blow. Then....when they had not had enough in there decided behind the company signs and right behind the layout would be a good spot. Yup....You can fish in the areas in the summer in some of those spots but come fall it is important to stay out to give the birds some place to rest. You could be liable to trespass charges and large fines.
Since moving here a few years ago I have noticed these signs and have Stayed out of the areas, i am aware of restricted areas also i am not a hunter and i was wondering what does CWS stand for, i am still learning much about the long point Bay Area and such. I am aware of the bird hunters this time of year and always try to respect and stay clear of there setups when i am out fishing.
thanks in advance 🎣
JJ

Anyone fishing the Inner Bay after the end of September should be aware of the hunting and net fishing areas. The fish nets can be hard to see and spoil a day on the water if you run over 1. The inner bay is on of the finest duck hunting areas still available to hunt and well managed. Late season be on the look out for people set-up offshore. You can swamp a layout boat or hit a dog retrieving a bird very easily. I have included few areas to look for information .CWS - Canadian Wildlife Service ,The Long Point Waterfowl Unit

Canadian Wildlife Service contact information​

For more information on incidental take of migratory birds, their nests and eggs, please contact Environment and Climate Change Canada's Canadian Wildlife Service in writing or by e-mail ec.priseaccessoire-incidentaltake.ec@canada.ca

Anyone fishing the Inner Bay after the end of September should be aware of the hunting and net fishing areas. The fish nets can be hard to see and spoil a day on the water if you run over 1. The inner bay is on of the finest duck hunting areas still available to hunt and well managed. Late season be on the look out for people set-up offshore. You can swamp a layout boat or hit a dog retrieving a bird very easily. I have included few areas to look for information .CWS - Canadian Wildlife Service ,The Long Point Waterfowl Unit

Canadian Wildlife Service contact information​

For more information on incidental take of migratory birds, their nests and eggs, please contact Environment and Climate Change Canada's Canadian Wildlife Service in writing or by e-mail ec.priseaccessoire-incidentaltake.ec@canada.ca
Thanks for the info 👍

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks