Help

Oldschool

Hello,
Looking to buy a new fish finder/side image unit. I am looking at a Humminbird SI GPS Combo anyone have any experiance with these units or other units with SI?

I bought a 999 SI in the fall, tied it out for short time works awesome, I wish I would of bought it sooner. The SI doesn't work at wide open throttle but a slower speeds it should save allot of time finding structure.

Lowrance is the way to go!!! Several units now available with SI !!! Far more expandable, powerful and user friendly!!! I Have had the Lowrance units for years now and Love them more every year!!

What model Lowrance would compare to the helix 9 si or the 999 si? I have a basic Lowrance unit which came with the boat, it worked well last year but it's time to move up. From what have read the Humminbird is the best bang for your buck. I keep doing research I appreciate the input.

Give Monty a call and he can go through all you need to know about ALL the units!!! He also knows all the sales offered this time of the year!!! Both Lowrance and Hummingbird.

i bought the Lowrance hd touch 9 with structure scan and the works from Monty.Soooooo happy i did .CHERRS

just a heads up, there is a used hds 8 with structure scan on kijiji in st catherines, which screen would be ever so slightly larger than the humminbird.

I found the helix series are the best bang for your buck. Remember though SI only works best with an outboard. The inboard outdrives block one side of the image. Only issue I had with the Helix was most units couldn't network to an ipilot.

I have a helix and cannot see my balls.

I went went humminbird 899 si and a helix 5 si on my boat. Very user friendly. Very good bang for your buck. I was a lowrance guy, this is my first switch away from lowrance. Might not go back. Units are great. Si quality is good. The only thing to consider is Wher you fish. If it is bid water on Erie trolling, si is waste of money...... Northern lakes looking for submerged structure , the units are awesome. If I had to pick one of the two units I have , I would go with 899.

I would agree with bongo boy. If you have or dont have i pilot you should buy one that is compatable just incase you get one. Its a game changer. Lol

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks