Help

Vic

What do you boaters use to get the scum off your gel coat after its been in the water for 3 months-----Thanks in advance

REELIN-TIME

Vic, pressure wash as much off the hull as possible, however, after 3 months worth of build up, don't expect it all to come off. Then try a product called Sea-Safe Hull Cleaner found at CTC in the boating section for about $20 a bottle. It does a decent job on the hulls here on the west coast. If that doesn't clean it up, your next course of action will be Muriatic Acid...guarranteed to work but harsh stuff to work with! If you use the acid, you MUST use CHEMICAL rated rubber gloves and CHEMICAL rated respirator. These are not suggestions, they are a must!...don't cheap out, your lungs depend on it. If you use the proper equipment, it's safe to work with.
If you need any additional information, feel free to email me at cmacdetailing@yahoo.ca always happy to help out.

Good luck and I hope this helps.

cheers,
Mike

Hey Vic

I use the product called Slimy Grimy
powder form mix with hot water and spray with a weed sprayer

WORKS FANTASTIC

Used it for years

Bill

Will,
Any places around the area that sell Slimy Grimy? Checked out their site and the stuff looks like it works. It can by purchased by mail order from their Canadian site, but would just as soon buy from a local dealer.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks