Help a guy out

Where to ice fish this weekend

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dmanwithnoname

Hall pass this weekend. What does everyone think?

Not sure on ice conditions for the inner bay but Simcoe or Nip. is a guaranteed good time. Maybe deer creek ?

As far as I've heard Quinte is a no-go for the most part.

Were heading up to Simcoe Tuesday morning just off Holmes Point . Hell or high waters!!!

Update -went to bay of Quinte. Left Friday morning 3 am.

Ok fished potters creek on Friday, onderdonk point today, Sunday morning going to wellers bay, setting up camp early. It's my last Hail Mary

Uuuuuge pressure crack at onderdonk point like usual.

Only have caught dink perch the entire time.
Ripped threw 6 dozen minnows. Marked some big fish approx 1/2 way through the water column - I assume pike but could not get them to co-operate.

I've caught over 100 perch, stopped counting after that- kept like 15.

8-10 inches of white ice everywhere I have been. 4 wheelers and sleds are out. No one is near any rivers mouths on ice and anything east of the bay bridge from Belleville to Rossmore is patchy/ open.

Some nut bars camping close to the open water in portable huts on the east part of the bay bridge.

They probably don't have much to live for. I assume they are regular meth heads with mothers that are proud hookers. Its sketchy as fudge but I guess if that's your every day, it's just another day.

Pretty sure I could have bought 10lbs of walleye at loblaws for how much I've spent on this trip so far and my body would not be crushed for the work week. I've walked about 15kms dragging gear.

Talked to some locals and old high school people I randomly have run into. Guys are getting walleye but pretty tight lipped.

But they are nerds. I will find them because that's what I do.

Day 3 update tomorrow

Lost 3 fish at the hole on Sunday, I have an 8 inch auger. Last one I lost could not get the head threw the hole without touching the sides. Biggest walleye I've ever seen in person. Maybe going back next weekend. I'll see if I can walk tomorrow.

So in 3 days I found walleye finally, then time to come home. Damn it all

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks