Heading out of Bruce this aft

BillpStT

Guys it's been a while since we've been out but we are set to go for the first afternoon fish of the season....just wondering what the lake is doing right now.
The tops of the big trees in St T are blowing around a bit so I'm skeptical of the 1 - 2 ft seas that the bouy is reporting...anyone got a view of the lake right now ?
We'll be going out to 57-60 fow I would think - that seems to be where guys are reporting the fish being

Bill

I fish out of Port Bruce and it will be very choppy out in 60 fow today with ENE wind gusts at 15.5 kts. I would pick another day.

I'm out here right now in 59 feet of water and a 17 foot legend... I'm not catching any yet guys on the radio are... Rollers are about three or 4 feet I guess

The actual wave height is double what the buoy report says (at least from my experience). I chose to stay home today....a little too lumpy for my liking.

We got out by about 4:15 & had one in the box after 5 minutes - had the first dipsey in ( 3 setting out 125) with gold monkey puke RAC spoon and was about to put out one on the other side when we got a nice 4-5 pound wally....then nothing till about 6 ...we were about to pack up due to the 4-6 foot rollers and stiff NE wind but then I put my gold ripplin redfin on the leadcore and we got a 6-7 poounder so we toughed it out till 7.
Possibly my last rip of the season but it was a good one...we are resolved to try some more evening fishes next year....

Bill

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks