Headin to Bruce

stomp

Administrator
Staff member
Looks cold and maybe still a little windy, but bolstered by reports of 'bows and pics from last week, heading out today with @Mickey Finn for one last attempt to get some fish for the smoker. Hopefully, a +ve report will follow...

Good Luck @stomp A little frost on the pumpkin here in Ingersoll this morning. Have to put on our annual work golf tournament on today, so I must stay home:( Then back to the lake next weekend for more Bluff Pike. The big boat will be in till at least Thanksgiving, I will have you down again.

2 eyes and 1for2 'bows so far best around 54' ...
Here's Captain I of the @Mickey Finn with 1 of each. Finished up 3/4 eyes, 1/2 'bows (no blame). 1/1 perch, 10/10 sheepies, 20/20 silver bass. Good day, flattened out around 10, started to blow up around 1:00 but still fishable.

Only 1 guy fishing the pier on the way out and one young man fishing it on the way back.

If you look closely you can make out a couple of turkey buzzards on the cliff looking down on us as we headed out. Kinda unnerving:nailbiting:...

Last edited:
Glad to see a post finally from port bruce. I haven't been able to go fishing for about 10 days now due to work, winds, wife (WWW). My next day off is Wednesday and if the winds co-operate will be heading out for the day and will post. What were your weapons of choice today ?

Glad to see a post finally from port bruce. I haven't been able to go fishing for about 10 days now due to work, winds, wife (WWW). My next day off is Wednesday and if the winds co-operate will be heading out for the day and will post. What were your weapons of choice today ?
All the 'eyes came of the widowmaker, 7 1/2 colours out dragging a bomber body bait I believe. The 2 'bows hit cheaters off the riggers that were set in the 40' range. The Dipsey didn't produce today at all!? @Mickey Finn picked all the lures, and I'm not exactly sure what he chose. Maybe he'll post more details, but he doesn't like to share much, especially his rainbow. The sheepies/silver bass like the bigger Patriot and NK spoons, but they also hit the widowmaker a bit. We were usually trolling better than 3mph on the GPS.

Last edited:
Good haul @stomp. Man the water conditions were a heck of a lot different down this end today.

@Daze Off I'm asking permission to use that work, winds, wife. W3. Or W cubed, gotta like it. I'm down to W1 myself so I can only not blame anything for not getting out other than the weather and a money game. The girlfriend is always offering me gas money to get me out of her hair. What a doll.

Stomp, I was told the end of the channel at Bruce is quite shallow, deeper boats need to boot it through there so as not to bottom out, true? The last time we were coming in there we got swamped by a charter boat, he was running full out well before the green marker on the pier and that's the reason we were given. Yea it's only water but I'm sure the pier guys weren't too happy either. In don't buy it myself, but I was wrong one other time in my life.

Not sure WTP. I'm always the passenger these days and didn't take note of the depth. We're in a 17'6" Lund that doesn't draw much water. In all the years I've gone out of Bruce, the depth at the end of the channel has never been cause for concern for our boat. Maybe @NorthErieMarina or @rushcreek could comment.

It was Greg that was telling me the shallow water story. I think he was diffusing the situation. Like I said no one is going to melt getting wet but it gets the blood going. Thanks, and a good day for you it looks like. Good to hear the fish haven't all gone west. Way to go.

Maybe I have I more chance to break my record of 12 straight farm aminals. Pass me the Smirnoff, it's Saturday night and I'm on the internet, oh my.

WTP - I think I know the charter boat that bolts out of the channel way before he should in my opinion. I'm in a 20' boat and have gotten bounced around a couple times this year by the same boat. He has no respect for the pier fisherman or any boats around him for that matter. I usually don't post negative issues on this site as I've seen them go the wrong way.

For the depths of the channel you shouldn't have a issue. The only time I've noticed it to get shallow is just before the bend coming out which I've seen it mark as low as 3.5-fow and for the rest of the way it's usually around 5-fow or better. I'm heading out Wednesday and will post my findings.

For the W3's - use it well.

WTP - I think I know the charter boat that bolts out of the channel way before he should in my opinion. I'm in a 20' boat and have gotten bounced around a couple times this year by the same boat. He has no respect for the pier fisherman or any boats around him for that matter. I usually don't post negative issues on this site as I've seen them go the wrong way.

For the depths of the channel you shouldn't have a issue. The only time I've noticed it to get shallow is just before the bend coming out which I've seen it mark as low as 3.5-fow and for the rest of the way it's usually around 5-fow or better. I'm heading out Wednesday and will post my findings.

For the W3's - use it well.
:mad::mad::mad:-there has been a few prob. with this so called charter guy before,no respect for other boaters:bored:

Doesn't look like I will be fishing Tomorrow/Wednesday as the Freakin Winds just won't stop. Going to get up early anyways just encase the weather changes and want to make sure the Wifey gets off to work on time - because I care.

Was it windy down that way today and yesterday? Calm water here all day yesterday and today with off shore North wind. Of course I didn't get out because of some lame excuse like the flu and a Dr's appointment in Hamilton. The bass are on fire here, and big bass at that.

A neighbor caught a 10 pound eye yesterday fishing for smallies here in a small bay not a mile from shore. Must have got lost on the way to Colchester or LSC.

Looking at the port Stanley data bouy it blew up first thing this morning. As for yesterday, I can barely remember this morning because I had to look it up. I think once I hit 50-yrs old, shit started going missing and I'm ok with it. The honey do list gets smaller every week. She can only add 2-things at a time because for every 2-added, 3-go missing.

Looking at the port Stanley data bouy it blew up first thing this morning. As for yesterday, I can barely remember this morning because I had to look it up. I think once I hit 50-yrs old, shit started going missing and I'm ok with it. The honey do list gets smaller every week. She can only add 2-things at a time because for every 2-added, 3-go missing.
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

wait a few more years:D

Think it's bad at 50, 50 was good compared to 60. At 50 I was still in the gym, now I can't find it.

A golfer says to the kid in the proshop I need a good caddy with great eye site. Out comes an 80 year old carrying his bag,,,,,,, your my caddy? Yep my eyes are the best around.

He hits his first ball into the bush, he says did you see it? Caddy answers yea I saw it but I forget where.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks