Fishing Report Hay Bay

Nice, did you guys troll or jig? Went once there for an opener and we did well on bottom bouncing weights with worms right before the bay. Lots of big perch too.

We went there in mid 70s, used to stay across from church at Jacks Cottages. Same think you described, limits every day and nothing huge. Some big pike in there also.

We were there the weekend before, that was when the cold front came through and we still managed a two man limit on one outing. Slow drift with a harness and bottom bouncer did the trick for us. I order a bunch of the Wackm custom harnesses for this trip, yellow black was our color of choice.

Attachments

• 20210529_170547.jpg
    20210529_170547.jpg
    459.4 KB · Views: 6
Awesome Catch. We were in Mohawk Bay Camp Grounds 2 years ago. We planed on boating down to Hay Bay or trailer the boat from there but the fishing was good where we were. From Mohawk Bay it would have taken us 10 Miles to run down the river to Hay Bay. What launch did you use to access Hay Bay?

Nice, did you guys troll or jig? Went once there for an opener and we did well on bottom bouncing weights with worms right before the bay. Lots of big perch too.
We troll worm harnesses with a keel weight.
Lots of silver bass this year,not too many perch. So lots of worms are needed

Awesome Catch. We were in Mohawk Bay Camp Grounds 2 years ago. We planed on boating down to Hay Bay or trailer the boat from there but the fishing was good where we were. From Mohawk Bay it would have taken us 10 Miles to run down the river to Hay Bay. What launch did you use to access Hay Bay?
There is a public launch on the north shore of Hay Bay about 2 km from the main channel

We stayed close to Deseronto, I have a 18ft Princecraft with a 115 so it is a quicker ride down to Hay Bay. It's an annual trip for us in May to start the season off. All depends where the bite is, the chanel down to Hay Bay is called The Reach and it also produces larger fish as they move to the lake.

Last time I was there was 2017. We fished the afternoon bite as we where passing through town towing a boat and thought why not. We put a pounding on them near Ram. Nice to see it’s still producing!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks