Hastings

fishing girl pink

Has anyone had any luck at Hastings is it worth to go there tomorrow for perch.

Fishing girl try by the 3 trees in Port bruce 42 fow.or if you go to hastings also try by the sandhills go shallow 28 fow then move further out .Good luck Hastings has been hit or miss you just never know.

I'd personally head out of Bruce if I were going out tomorrow. Closer to port for the same elusive yellow bellies. Good luck tomorrow (y)
I agree. When i was out Thurs a boat was reporting 42' east of the 3 trees...they were on top of a school of jumbos and were almost out of minnows....

was out Sunday out of Burwell and went west to 3 trees 50 fow and managed 5 jumbos. Minnows bought at otter creek a lot bigger.CHEERS

Went out there yesterday and there were very few boats or perch. We moved around to a few of our normal spots and only got 75 keepers and mostly on the smallish side. We did get an 8 lb walleye there though which supports my theory that there are too many walleye out there right now for the perch's liking. You could get on a school and get lots of fish for 5 or 10 minutes then they would just scatter. You'd sometimes then see a few bigger fish move through and have to wait a while to get the perch back. Kind of reminds me of ice fishing when there's pike lurking about...

Last edited:
Out Sunday could not find Perch. out in front of sandbanks. 40 - 50'
Are you using any special rigging for the perch? Only minnows or jigs as well?

Went out there yesterday and there were very few boats or perch. We moved around to a few of our normal spots and only got 75 keepers and mostly on the smallish side. We did get an 8 lb walleye there though which supports my theory that there are too many walleye out there right now for the perch's liking. You could get on a school and get lots of fish for 5 or 10 minutes then they would just scatter. You'd sometimes then see a few bigger fish move through and have to wait a while to get the perch back. Kind of reminds me of ice fishing when there's pike lurking about...

My thoughts are the same as yours G.Mech. I made that statement in a post a month ago expressing that theory.

Positive fact. Nice to know. Maybe Walter taking an Uber heading East and the $23.99 a pound perch saying honey I'm home. Perch at Fortinos $23.99 a pound and Walter is $19.99 a pound. Supply and demand.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks