Hastings

Was down fishing today, and drove down Hastings Drive (?) and no parking signs all over the road. I can see that it would be easy to drag a small boat the short distance.

Last summer we launched off the beach from a friends property and parked on the north side of hastings drive there was no parking on the south side is this no longer the case????? Is there now no parking on either side??

I believe there are sections of parking on the North side of the road still, but space is limited. By laws might be changing as the municipality is in the process of reassessing Hastings Drive.

mever been there..
But the way everyone talks about it I wouldn't believe anything being told to you on this forum about it.
Just go look see for yourself
Chances are there is ample parking just no one wants to admit on an online forum.

Ok so @Derkd9 first of all yes I can just call my buddy that owns the property on hastings. And get the info on parking just thought I'd ask here because I'd get a straight answer I you bash the forum and it's members then yes we won't share shit with you ok???

Ok so @Derkd9 first of all yes I can just call my buddy that owns the property on hastings. And get the info on parking just thought I'd ask here because I'd get a straight answer I you bash the forum and it's members then yes we won't share shit with you ok???

I wasn't bashing you or anyone on the forum
Drama queen, seems like a pretty sacred place so makes sense no one going to give a straight answer online
SO SPEAK FOR YOURSELF

Lol drama queen seriously it's a amazing spot to catch limits of perch and nothing secret about its off shore right in front a road clearly marked on any road map named hastings drive and on a weekend when the lake is calm enough to fish even from shore you'll be able to see a very large boat pack here's the hot tip that's where th fish are

Using the 'Search' function at the top right corner of the page, you can type in 'Hastings Parking' and you will come up with over 42 results which will likely answer answer all the questions you may have. Maybe people are not answering because the topic has been beaten death before....a number of times. Nothing wrong with asking but the answers get fewer and farther between for previously covered topics.

For example: http://www.longpoint.on.ca/forum/index.php?threads/hastings-parking-is-final.19308/#post-55443

Last edited:
Using the 'Search' function at the top right corner of the page, you can type in 'Hastings Parking' and you will come up with over 42 results which will likely answer answer all the questions you may have. Maybe people are not answering because the topic has been beaten death before....a number of times. Nothing wrong with asking but the answers get fewer and farther between for previously covered topics.

For example: http://www.longpoint.on.ca/forum/index.php?threads/hastings-parking-is-final.19308/#post-55443
I never asked about parking, I asked about county owned land and from whats on the GIS mapping shows 3 or 4 right of way access to the lake from the road. Thats the question . I figured I wouldnt get a reply on here because just like Teddy69 stated. Someone could easily jut PM the info if so worried about giving up the holy land. Or I just call the county office Tues get the answer Im looking for and come back and post it on here. I dont get this forum much. Very "clique"

I never asked about parking, I asked about county owned land and from whats on the GIS mapping shows 3 or 4 right of way access to the lake from the road. Thats the question . I figured I wouldnt get a reply on here because just like Teddy69 stated. Someone could easily jut PM the info if so worried about giving up the holy land. Or I just call the county office Tues get the answer Im looking for and come back and post it on here. I dont get this forum much. Very "clique"

Yah you mean like how @Teddy69 was speaking to me in this response.. *note that I didn't bash anybody!!!

It's pathetic!!!!

Not to mention whenever I post a fishing report its people like him that are first to ask 101 questions about where be fishing and sending PMs and what not.
What's the sense being a part of a fishing forum community if you're just going to hoard knowledge of good spots to fish...
Is it just so you can steal other peoples fishing spots???

People who make a stink about parking on the side of the road on Hastings drive need to find something better to do with their time.

I know how to get to Hastings, I don't even care to park on the road on Hastings drive was just making a comment when @Teddy69 decided to be an imbecile...

@Derkd9 clearly I struck a nerve here so I'm sorry need a hug fella? (y)

Didn't strike a nerve
just people like you deserve no respect..
Prove my point by offering that condenscending excuse of an apology

Good Day Happy Easter!

I understand that you never asked about parking but someone else did....I don't personally have any knowledge about the access points on Hastings (at least without trespassing) but I know it has been the topic of numerous threads in the past, did you try using the search function and see what you could find?

Hastingas has always been an issue. Search some threads on the subject and you'll soon find out why. Many "straight " answers have been posted. There is limited parking and there is NO public boat launch. Bruwell is the best bet, 20min run with a decent boat and the safest way to park and launch. Not to mention all the amazing Perch fishing between Hastings and Brurwell. Its a big Lake and the Pennsylvania Ridge holds hundreds of "honey holes".

I understand that you never asked about parking but someone else did....I don't personally have any knowledge about the access points on Hastings (at least without trespassing) but I know it has been the topic of numerous threads in the past, did you try using the search function and see what you could find?
Yes I have, what Im asking is not in there. A member has Pmed me, maybe he will shed some light on my question.

Hastingas has always been an issue. Search some threads on the subject and you'll soon find out why. Many "straight " answers have been posted. There is limited parking and there is NO public boat launch. Bruwell is the best bet, 20min run with a decent boat and the safest way to park and launch. Not to mention all the amazing Perch fishing between Hastings and Brurwell. Its a big Lake and the Pennsylvania Ridge holds hundreds of "honey holes".

Not looking for a full on boat launch, Just being able to carry a 12' tinner down to the water the 1 or 2 times at best outta an entire year where the conditions and time to do so permit it self. I know 100% there are 4 spots in LP where I can do so and come down the "Hastings Honey" in a matter of minutes. LEGALLY. Im just inquiring about 3 to 4 spots that if Im reading correctly on the GIS map look to be right of ways. Not asking about parking a vehicle or launching a boat with trl. Simple question regarding my perception on the mapping which can be cleared up on business hours.

County also paid for a ramp half way up, it's supposedly private property, but if you live in Norfolk you own the ramp.

County did not pay for that ramp I know the owners he paid for it and let's the county and coast guard use it in case of emergency

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks