Hastings

Lachine60

Has anybody went to hastings from Booths? How long or far would it be? If you have to land a boat, what is the nearest ramp?

Thanks,

If you read above post it says roughly an hour and a bit from old cut on a good day. From booths that's a very long trip. Launching from burwell is your closest ramp and its a 16 mile run each way.

Hastings is not worth it....don't waste your time....unless its heading out via a charter. Burwell is just as good. Hastings is not fun to launch from....many a damaged boat I've seen. BURWELL BURWELL BURWELL!!!!

Parking is a huge problem, when people leave their truck and trailers along the narrow stretch it causes problems for people wanting to use the road. :(

I see vehicles parked on both sides across from each other:mad:

Be courteous and thoughtful......:)

Think I will pass, and maybe launch and fish Burwell. Boat is a 19 foot dual console striped with a 150 yamaha.

Thanks for the fishing report j rockit. A lot of people think they can go to hasting and catch there limits because they only see reports of people catching their limits. I have been there with my son, my grandson, and friends, and every time I have had to work to get a decent catch. You're not the only one to go there and get skunked, its just nobody seems to report it when they do.

Has anybody went to hastings from Booths? How long or far would it be? If you have to land a boat, what is the nearest ramp?

Thanks,
Drive to Port Burwell launch there . about 18 miles back to fish hastings.Better than going around the point . in a smaller boat

Did the drive from old cut to Hastings once last year , took me 1 1/2 hours driving at a comfortable 30 mph , beautiful trip but will never do it again
I have been fishing closer to burwell and Bruce lately catching limits at both places , not always necessary to go 18 miles to find perch

Yo
Did the drive from old cut to Hastings once last year , took me 1 1/2 hours driving at a comfortable 30 mph , beautiful trip but will never do it again
I have been fishing closer to burwell and Bruce lately catching limits at both places , not always necessary to go 18 miles to find perch

ABSOLUTELY CORRECT!!

1 1/2 hrs drive each way to the launch, $80 fuel, $30 launch and minnows, I don't mind the extra 25 min drive each way, never been disappointed

dont get me wrong I enjoy fishing Hastings like everybody else , I just won't do that long of drive again around the point
I will drive from Burwell or even Bruce when I have a nice day and want to go on a boat ride .... lol
and on the not so nice of days I will fish closer to port and catch my fish there

cheers

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks