Hastings to-day

Thirstystone

Site Sponsor
R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Rick and I and his grandson went of the beach at Hastings...went out to where all the boats were....picked 4 or 5 no size. moved around a lot...55ft.....43ft....32 ft. But I'll be danged if we could find them....when we got into some fish they were small..nice day on the water ...Anybody do any good out there.??

Our worst day at Hastings ever
Went out in the afternoon instead of our usual early morning routine due to the 4 letter word
WORK
7 , yes I said 7
Too embarrassed to say anymore
Oh well , boat is now in the slip
We will return , and next time perch watch out !

Our worst day at Hastings ever
Went out in the afternoon instead of our usual early morning routine due to the 4 letter word
WORK
7 , yes I said 7
Too embarrassed to say anymore
Oh well , boat is now in the slip
We will return , and next time perch watch out !

We were out late Saturday also. Didn't get fishing till 11:15 started at 42 feet only had 25 in 2hours. Moved to 54 feet nada there then moved back in to 28 feet and just drifted. With that little bit of wind it wasn't very fast ended up with 58 by 5pm. Great day on the water. Wife even caught a 12 pound Catfish on 4 pound ultra lite.

We were a hastings also. Thought I had better add this or someone may get nasty.

made a trip also, got there about 10am till 2:30, first stop 40 ft at first pack, nothing for 15 minutes so i moved to the second pack out in 55ft, moved in close were the population was and we started to get a couple here and there. Bite was still very light and delicate with minnows so i thought time for an eye , took a couple tries to get one out whole but definately was the ticket as just a nibble was fish on. Ended with 28 with 4 of them at 12 inches. Very popular place when the conditions are perfect.

Finally made it out also started in front of clear creek 14 windmills from the end of windmills east towards Hastings ,bite was light to say the least started in 28fow then moved to 34fow ended up with 100 between the 2 of us,took most of the day.But was a beauty day to be on the water.if I was more techy I would include photos,some day this old dog must learn how to do this.lol

Well the tugs were fishing Hastings pretty hard last year. Hope they didn't clean it out Now is just about prime time for there. Hope to hear some better reports soon good luck

I'm going to say it....being a follower...in life...and in fishing rarely gets you ahead.
The best fishing, including this weekend @ hastings was not found in a big pack of boats.
I have never once had success by sitting in a pack of boats.
If fishing were as easy as parking next to the other guys, it wouldn't be nearly as fun.
It's the thrill of the hunt that keeps this guy going back.
And what feels better then catching more then everyone sitting in a pack collecting nothing but radiation? Just sayin'

Back