Fishing Report Hastings Saturday

vweric

After a good trip last weekend, we decided to try Hastings again Saturday morning. The weather was great and the wind was almost too light as it was getting a little buggy first thing in the am. We were the first boat to arrive set up in the same spot as last weekend and marked massive amounts of bait in the area. This week was very slow. We move a few times and couldn't find many fish. We tired in 40', 44' and 48' slow every place. End the morning with only 15 perch. It was just enough for a delicious fish Fry.

Attachments

• PXL_20230701_165509579.MP.jpg
    PXL_20230701_165509579.MP.jpg
    506.5 KB · Views: 103
I need to make a run or 2 down to the legendary Hastings this year and try my luck.
Got some waypoints in 25fow all the way out to 57fow... Just never know where they might be from one day to the next.

Thanks for the report.

I still can't cast THAT far, but I'll keep trying. :ROFLMAO:

:unsure: maybe I'd have better luck getting my line there if I was facing the correct direction. Hastings is WELL east of the pier I sit on, and I'm almost always (99.5% of the time) facing west.

We went Thursday as well and it took a lot of searching before we found them but we got 60 good ones the last hour. If we could have stayed longer we could have had a stellar day. 15 were true jumbos but the rest were all good size too. We had pretty much given up hope when we stumbled upon a nice little school in 46 fow, they aren't easy to find like they were in years gone by.

Apparently my buddy has a neighbour with some Photoshop skills....

IMG_20230702_055312.jpgPXL_20230629_204906674.jpg

Last edited:
I went Saturday w my daughter and minnows were a struggle at burwell but we ended up keeping 60 fish. Very nice size. Wanted to go sunday but rain and t storms said no.
Went on monday morning after storms and caught 10 ... it was slow for all the boats at all depths. So we gave up and went off burwell and trolled, got 12 pics, 10 good size 2 smaller ones and a cpl of shorts that were released. Lots of baaa out of burwell

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks