Hastings perch June 15th

BozoBrody

Was talking to a group of Americans last night at the marina, they ended up with 134 jumbos down off Hastings. 30-40 fow. Said the muddy water went out to 25fow. The perch are still out there

Attachments

• IMG_1662.jpeg
    IMG_1662.jpeg
    417.9 KB · Views: 181
  • IMG_1663.jpeg
    IMG_1663.jpeg
    239.3 KB · Views: 179
  • IMG_1664.jpeg
    IMG_1664.jpeg
    377.8 KB · Views: 181
Was talking to a group of Americans last night at the marina, they ended up with 134 jumbos down off Hastings. 30-40 fow. Said the muddy water went out to 25fow. The perch are still out there
Could it be that Hastings is alive again ??????? I can only dream of the good old days For those that experienced it back must be 10 years ago now i've lost count but it was epic

Yes, those days fishing jumbos off Hastings were something to remember. Livewells full of Erie gold. ( 15 -20 plus years ago memories of guys picking the right day for wind and dragging tinnies across the beach to access the lake...LOL)

Nice photo BB...some huge jumbos in the mix there.

Last edited:
Ok, where is this??
Like they said up there^^^ east of the Sandhills. Takes about half an hour to 40 minutes or more to get there from Burwell depending on conditions, the boat and what's pushin it through the water.

I know where it is, but I can't cast that far, nor can I walk on water and my car doesn't float so good.

Depending on how big the boat is, you'd want "ideal/perfect" conditions if you're unsure because the trip back west could be a lil hairy if the lake is "a lil bit bumpy."

Hasting Ave. is on Long Point proper. It runs West off Erie Blvd along the lakefront edge of the Big Creek National Wildlife Area. There are no public boat ramps there so Port Burwell is the closest place to launch. The area in question is due South of Cove Road and is called the Clear Creek Ridge which is the western side of the Long Point/Erie Ridge which runs south to the American side of the lake it basically divides the Central and Eastern Basins. For more details check out NOAA's bathymetric maps .

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks