Hastings July 6

zxninja

Took my daughter and her friend out for our first perch run of the year. Launch at 10am, fished 48fow and were back in by 12pm. The bite went in ten minute waves of non stop to one every couple mins. Although not as thick as I've been on them in the past, the action and size was good enough to stay put. We ended up with 75 beauties between 10-13" and not a minnow to spare. Another great perch run and a reasonable amount to fillet without going overboard.

Congratulations! ! Sounds awesome, one of these days I'm going to venture down there and give it a go.

wow you were gone for two hours that is a far ride down to hastings and back that did not leave much time to fish ,,we left the doc about the same time and fished the sandhills ,back at the doc for 2pm with a nice batch of perch ,,Dutch

great report zxninja, dutch, zx has a cottage on hastings, so that explains the quick in and out fishing for your curiousity
wow you were gone for two hours that is a far ride down to hastings and back that did not leave much time to fish ,,we left the doc about the same time and fished the sandhills ,back at the doc for 2pm with a nice batch of perch ,,Dutch

that makes more scents ,,my boat will do 50 miles a hour and it takes me at least half hour to get there most days a bit more..lol it is a 305 chevy .. 50 bucks in gas ,lol

Yeah I'm looking at 1 hr. to get to hastings/long point area, I have a 18ft. 120 h.p. averaging 23 m/hr in my 1977 starcraft. 50 bucks in gas also maybe more if I'm looking for the perch.
that makes more scents ,,my boat will do 50 miles a hour and it takes me at least half hour to get there most days a bit more..lol it is a 305 chevy .. 50 bucks in gas ,lol

You guys are correct. I am lucky enough to have a place on Hastings that has been in our family for well over 50 years, and also one of the lots that is able to launch a boat off of it. It sure makes for a good day beeing able to to quick one hour perch runs when I have guests up and am trying to get everyone a chance to fish in a day.

Congrats all they all sound like some good hauls I'm headed out this afternoon with my uncle hopefully going to get a bunch too fingers crossed

You guys are correct. I am lucky enough to have a place on Hastings that has been in our family for well over 50 years, and also one of the lots that is able to launch a boat off of it. It sure makes for a good day beeing able to to quick one hour perch runs when I have guests up and am trying to get everyone a chance to fish in a day.
Zxninja, thanks for your perch reports over the years(and weather too off hastings), your a very valuable asset to this Fishing Board(stomp's) and community.. It has been a pleasure sharing information with you and former member Big Dave.

Seeing as Big Dave is not around on this forum anymore, it will be guys like you and me and all the other forum members that will have to step up to the plate and fill it some "shoes" for the people who haven't experienced the Hastings perch fishing scene. I haven't been able to fish that much this year due to injuries and operations of the past, but when I get out the reports will be online.

Anyways I will be heading out again, hopefully Friday to hastings, and will report my perch findings. I will post a pic of my P.B. 14 7/8" perch I nailed last saturday off of hastings ( in front of Zx's cottage...lol....) . P.s. Hope Stomp don't get mad about mentioning dave on here..............sorry Stomp!!!

Thanks for the reports ,I am 45 minutes away from the lake so I am never 100 percent sure what the waves are down there ..Dutch

Yeah I'm 1:40 min. away from Burwell, so zx's weather reports make a difference compared to the weather sites geustimates,:wideyed: but I really like the perch reports:cool::cool:

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks