Hastings August 18

zxninja

IMG_0317.jpg Once the wind subsided and the Lake flattened out, I took my daughter and sister out Perching for an evening of fun. We launched at 5:15pm, headed to 52fow and drop shot some minnows. We called it quits at 6:30pm with 75 perch ranging in size from 9-13"s. From there we headed to the beach at the P.P., anchored for an hour and had a good swim. Another amazing afternoon on good ole Erie.

To be honest...I dont bother with coordinates, I head South off Hastings, pick a depth and give it a shot. If in twenty mins we are not hauling in Perch, we move +/- 5fow amd try again.
Where are you launching from?

do you use those drop shot hook set up from CTC????

tried them last year and found the hook too fine for my liking so got some florist wire and made my own with a slightly larger hook

easier to tie to your line when you got sausage fingers:)

@pakrat....lmao

And I tie my own on flori. I use a regular style bait hook...not sure of the size...and tie it 6-8" above a 3/4oz bell sinker. I've tried other drop shot specific hooks and rigs and find the "handy man special " does a better job. The big weight is key, as most days you either have a fish on or have lost your minnow seconds after hitting bottom.......so the soomer you can feel the bell on the sand/gravel the better chances of a hook set.

May I please be your friend??? Pretty please????
Lol....

You know....I truely wish there was a public launch in LP. It always nice to have company out there.....plenty of Lake to go around....and alway reassuring knowing there are other boats incase kne gets in trouble.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks