Hastings Augest 6th

My dad took me out to Hastings today with 3 buddys. Got lines in the water at 10 and it was very slow fished till around 230 and ended up with 52 perch and bellies hurt'n from laughin so hard...... east wind may be the thing but overall not the Hastings I know and love....:(:(:(

Cope

Wow this is the 3rd report I've heard of slow fishing at Hastings today. You actually did better then the other two boats I know that we're out there...maybe Hastings is finally feeling pressure from a little over fishing?

Last edited:
Yup it sucked today moved a few times never did see a good picture on the graph oh well that's fishing

You can count my report as the 4th :bored:
Last week we got 2 man limits in 3 hours, today we got 6 perch altogether. Guys at the ramp said yesterday was much better. Tomorrow is another day!

They might be in shallower after the cool nights. During last seasons cool summer, I did very well in the 37-42ft range after cool nights. Definitely not the typical depths we fish of 48-55ft but it seemed to work. Hopefully it turns on again as my daught and I will be spending the better part of two weeks at the loint and have purposely stayed away from the perch fishing so we can fill out limits during this vacation.

I was out at Hastings yesterday aswell,very slow, I believe it mite of had something to do with the nets that were out.looks like they were running north to south verry long runs of nets. I moved back towards the sand hills and started to pick them up, 50 feet was the ticket. Ended up with 46 perch,one scoop of minnows.

Back