Habs tonight

Don't listen to him @Trevor M. I know you are secretly a Flyers fan ;)
Actually, I gotta be completely honest, I really couldn't care less who wins so long as it's NOT the Habs. Anyone else, even though I wouldn't care, I'd be ok with. Neither of my teams made it out of the qualifiers, both beat by teams that if they had gone with "normal" playoff format, wouldn't have made the playoffs, and despite that, I like this playoff format, but I would change one thing. The two teams who end the regular season as #1 in their respective conferences shouldn't have had to take part in the round robin for seeding and should have been given a bye. They earned it and finishing first in the conference (or overall) should have meant something.

Hey Trevor. Please do not watch if it will help Habs win. I know you want them to win tonight and then go all the way. Your just pulling my crank😂
Oh no gibby, I'm not pullin yer crank. Don't you worry, I'll be watching. Might be with my eyes closed, but I'll still "watch" with my ears, and every time Philly scores, I'll laugh and IF the Habs manage to score tonight, the appropriate level of cussing will happen and IF they stay alive tonight I'll outright curse and swear.

My kids hated it when they were kids and I'd watch a game with my eyes closed. They'd come in and change the channel and I'd immediately tell them to put the game back on, and they'd of course protest......... "BUT BUT BUT, you were sleepin...😕." I'd say "Nope, there's 5 minutes left in the second period, the score is 4-4," and if it was applicable I'd tell'em who was killin a penalty and who was on the powerplay. They'd put the game back on....:LOL:.....BUT, IF I couldn't tell'em how much time was left, and the score, they could watch what they wanted.;)

Oh no gibby, I'm not pullin yer crank. Don't you worry, I'll be watching. Might be with my eyes closed, but I'll still "watch" with my ears, and every time Philly scores, I'll laugh and IF the Habs manage to score tonight, the appropriate level of cussing will happen and IF they stay alive tonight I'll outright curse and swear.

My kids hated it when they were kids and I'd watch a game with my eyes closed. They'd come in and change the channel and I'd immediately tell them to put the game back on, and they'd of course protest......... "BUT BUT BUT, you were sleepin...😕." I'd say "Nope, there's 5 minutes left in the second period, the score is 4-4," and if it was applicable I'd tell'em who was killin a penalty and who was on the powerplay. They'd put the game back on....:LOL:.....BUT, IF I couldn't tell'em how much time was left, and the score, they could watch what they wanted.;)
Thanks for watching Trevor. Maybe you could refrain from watching next year 👍

Thanks for watching Trevor. Maybe you could refrain from watching next year 👍
Hey I'll be fair, Philly didn't score those goals tonight, they may have shot the puck but every goal they scored went off a Habs player so in my books, they scored on themselves, which yeah sorry, doesn't break my heart at all. ;) Watching the Canucks/Blues game right now.

Well that's the end of this one the Habs went down in flames at home. :eek: They can always join the Leafs on the golf course next week during the day and cheer for the the Flyers as they play the Islanders at night. 😀

Well that's the end of this one the Habs went down in flames at home. :eek: They can always join the Leafs on the golf course next week during the day and cheer for the the Flyers as they play the Islanders at night. 😀
😂😂 they are done for sure. They never should have lost the game. Another one of my bucket lists crashes. 💩

Well at least you take the loss well @gibby123. Most Leaf fans about this time would be standing on top of the CN Tower contemplating suicide. :LOL:
No we wouldn't Bob. Remember, we EXPECT the Leafs to under perform and that's what they do every year. They're consistent and disappoint us every year even tho we know that's what's going to happen. It's what we've come to expect. ;) We wish they'd you know, STOP under performing but they still haven't figure out how to do that yet. Been 53 years, and counting.

Rumour has it that Price is looking for a way out and is considering the Leafs!!!
And did anyone watch The slo mo replay of the draft lottery where Torontos ball was up at the tube but hit both sides before new yorks ball went in... LOL it was compared to the Leaf hitting both posts and their typical luck. Pretty funny!
Also funny that Kadri is a superstar for the Avalanche now after the crappy trade that Dubas made for him.

The latest the Cup will be awarded is Oct 4 (usually the first day of the regular season) Training camp for next season starts on Nov 17 and the regular season starts Dec 1. It'll be a very short and what could be a very interesting "free agency" period depending on who gets traded from who to where, who re-signs where they are, and who is or becomes available in free agency, BUT I don't think for one minute that Carey Price is going to end up in a Leafs jersey. There's a few "big names" that are or will be free agents that could definitely help the Leafs IF they were to pursue them. IF they decide to go after any of the forwards Toffoli, Hall, Nemistnikov, Maroon, Simmonds would all help the Leafs, but they don't really need anymore scoring firepower. What they DO need to address is that damn blue line, and their goaltending. Pietrangelo, Shattenkirk, Bogosian, TJ Brodie, are among the "better" defensemen who might be available. Maybe the biggest name on the list is one that isn't even sure he wants to play......Dustin Byfuglien. There are also a few goaltenders on the list....Holtby, Lehner, Markstrom, Crawford, Khudobin. So like I said, it'll be an interesting "off season." and I don't expect the Leafs to sign ANY of those players I just mentioned. Dubas ain't got the brains to do it.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks