Guessing game for safe ice

Huron

Percentage chance for safe ice out from St. Williams so far this year I said originally about 5% to 40% if we don't get any more thaws!
Your thoughts... [?] Huron P.S. I raised it to about 55%. Still hoping, meanwhile I'll be going to Lake Simcoe.

We need a minimum of three weeks solid cold to get the bay frozen. I doubt we will see ice fishing out there this year. I am still hoping:)

I think the only real chance to get out fishing will be a drive to lake simcoe or further north.

Fisher-Price

Old man winter aint sleeping yet,by saturday and sunday temps are suppose to really drop. Cold air comes from west to east. (Example)denver -15,chicago -10 today. Real winter temps just around the corner.

-10 tonight as well!

Might be able to walk out by the weekend of the 26th if this cold weather holds!

Fingers crossed!!

They just rescued 4 peeps off Cooks Bay{L.Simcoe} on the weekend according to City T.V.

Big Rod
<'[[[[[[><
www.bigrodsguideservice.ca

You guys for the most part are optimists about the ice formation. That makes me happy! I'll revise my prediction to 60% chance for ice fishing on Erie this winter yet. Cheers!

we've been out twice already this year on lake st. clair....hopefully with this return to winter this week we'll be out again on the upcoming weekend

I would have to say 30%-40% and thats pushing it. I'd love to see some ice out there, it's been a long time coming. If we could get an actual winter it would be alright but i'm going to have to agree with Fisher Price were going to need a good 2-3 weeks of -10 degree weather to get a good base and the way mother nature is getting hot cold hot cold it's not looking good.:( I think mother nature must be getting older because its almost like shes going through menopause. Thats still no reason to take our ice fishing away from us.:)

Biddle

A son asked his father "Daddy what's ice fishing?"
"Well son" the father replied "that's something that people used to do back in the good ole days, like pond hockey and cross country skiing." Now go put your sunscreen on and play outside.

That's your answer to the ice question...

It's anybody's guess from this satellite photo Tuesday January 15th
http://coastwatch.glerl.noaa.gov/modis/modis.cgi/modis?region=e&page=1&template=sub&image=t1.13015.1646.LakeErie.143.250m.jpg

DAVEEO

With the temps we are going to get this week, there could possibly be enough ice by the weekend to catch some perch.

Dick Saarloos

Well there just might be some ice fishing in the bay after all. Let's hope that the fish will cooperate.

Dick Saarloos

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks