Great Lakes water levels

Huron is still a problem I hear. The beach at port elgin is just gone.

Some advantages to it too. Hazardous rocks were safely underwater.

Some advantages to it too. Hazardous rocks were safely underwater.
Unfortunately the opposite is true - What was just above water and visible is now lurking beneath just below.
Had that problem up near Honey Harbour earlier this year. Trolling between islands I remembered rocks from two years ago but they were gone. HHmmmm. Wrong islands? Was I lost? Nope, passing wake from a boat revealed them to me about 25 yards off the stern.

I fished Erie hard in the mid 90’s and they all wined about record lows. This was my first year back of any significance and I don’t mind it one bit. Fish were late this year based solely on my reading of reports ons this site. Maybe caused by high water? Who knows. I’ll take the high water imo.

Some say climate change is to blame . others point to mankind manipulating lake levels for industry's sake and then of course there is Mother Nature just doing her thing. The U.S. Army Corp. of Engineers website has great historical data of the Great Lakes water levels . Personally I blame the higher levels for messing up the Bass fishing in the Inner Bay the past two years and also the damage done to the marsh itself but from what I read these high/low cycles must happen in order for the Great Lake system to stay healthy.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks