Great day on the bay!!

No problem. I would want to know ahead of time and come prepared for that task rather than showing up expecting to go fishing and getting one hell of a bad surprise. Also better to get it out sooner than later with some colder weather icing it in. I'm curious to know how you are going to get it out, I've always wondered how people get them out if they've gone in. I'd assume some sort of winching maneuver combined with some long poles to ramp it over the lip of the ice???? If I was off tomorrow I would come down and give you a hand.
heres a link to the best way to do it with very little effort

Below shows how the Yanks do it. All they needed was 10 or so guys, a Proteus Underwater Recon camera, a diver and a mobile crane. On the other hand the Russians needed 4 guys, a cable, some timbers and probably a few jugs of Vodka. It sure shows the difference in culture. Both work. One uses ingenuity the other ingenuity and money.

Somewhere in between is kind of how I pictured it being done. A little more mechanized than the human powered winch. (Kind of reminds me of a horse powered grist mill). I always thought of using timbers to ramp it over the lip but with a car I can see it necessary to protect brake lines, gas lines and the gas tank from ripping on the ice lip. Hondas aren't known for their gas tank skid plates after all.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks