Great day on the bay!!

G-man

Headed out of st willys at around 9 this morn with my boy. Came back in at noon with 36. Couple of nice ones most were smaller 7-8" but definitely the most quantity of fish I've ever seen probably caught 150 or more. U know the fish r there when u take a 5 year old out and there's food in the cooler when u come in!!! Way to windy to take pics on the ice but I got a few when we got home

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 153
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 163
Way to go Gman, I bet the little guy had a blast. Nice catch. I might head out there tomorrow. Thanks for the info.
I can smell them cookin now:)

Nice report G-Man. Your son looks like hes having a blast. These are day he won't forget. Did you walk out, or have a machine? Looking to try tomorrow, but not sure of ice travel conditions

I took the quad out its a little slippery but the ice and shore both r good. Best part is my son loves to eat fish too!!

Nice going G-man , Little man looks pretty happy about a great day on the bay ! ..........apps

Glad somebody did well today. Me and my son got next to nothing....but we didn't get out near as early as I wanted. Given the crummy rain and wind he still had fun.

Lots of water on top of the ice and very slippery. You definitely need ice cleats out there walking around, even between the ATV and hut. 9" of ice (6"clear, 3" white bubbly stuff on top) but many all clear ice spots too which with the water on top look a lot like open water. Water starting to show a little staining but could still see bottom okay.

Of note one hut looked like it had gone through, about 1km out front of Booth's. I'm guessing they didn't move it off the holes from the weekend or something. Black hut with some sort of skull and crossed swords design (or something like that). I'll try and get a hut number and maybe a picture tomorrow.

That youngster looks like he is just having a blast, kids, fish and smiles, can't get any better than that. Good going.

PAUL I THINK THAT IS MY FREIND HUT TOLD HIM HE IS GOING TO CHECK IT OUT THANKS FOR POSTING DOES IT SAY WENCHES WELCOME ON IT

Last edited:
Jason;
Yes it says Wenches Welcome. I took a pic today as I went out. I am certain that it was up yesterday when I went out, but down as I came in as I had noticed the crossed swords.

Hut.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the posting the pic Jason83. I'm certainly going to add this one to my collection. Anybody else out there please post a few pic's of the huts still standing. Especially close ups of the unique painted ones parked out there. Thanks Huron.

I was fishing near that hut the other day. It's got steel jacks on each corner. Seen guys in it and they had 2 machines. Hut is out in front of Booths.

Its mine...ill be out doing a salvage mission tomorrow come over to get a picture with the submarine...thx for letting me know she was tanking paul otherwise it would have been the weekend before i got a chance to look at it...tomorrow is going to suck.

No problem. I would want to know ahead of time and come prepared for that task rather than showing up expecting to go fishing and getting one hell of a bad surprise. Also better to get it out sooner than later with some colder weather icing it in. I'm curious to know how you are going to get it out, I've always wondered how people get them out if they've gone in. I'd assume some sort of winching maneuver combined with some long poles to ramp it over the lip of the ice???? If I was off tomorrow I would come down and give you a hand.

Been there done that...Floater suits, chainsaws, pry bars, axes, winches, quads and some ingenuity. Good luck you have your work cut out for you. Be safe out there.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks