Grand Walleye skunk broken!

HTHM

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
No picture, yet but I am glad to say that I finally managed a walleye out of the grand! Launched at Cayuga pulling a live target sunfish at 2.8 MPH yielded me a solid 18 inch ~3 pound walleye. I was very surprised to actually use my net, the first time in over three years.
Guess what's for supper tonight?

Your hooked now, caught my first walleye below the damn on a jointed Beno many moons ago. Have had many sleepless nights since then.

Actually I was with my son-in-law. Not to worry John, I will be taking you out expect a phone call soon.

I'm not worried Albert, funny how life gets in the way of fishing sometimes.I couldn't take a wave from a wake the way my back is this week. I ran around last week like I was closer to 30 not 60. If you know what I mean, and now I am paying for it. I tried to play a round Monday and didn't finish 6 holes. I only saw a few boats out on the weekend. I was at Nanticoke for breakfast Sunday and it was pretty well MT of weekend warriors. Most are heading to Pier 4 in Hamilton. The bass has been poor and the perch just aren't in the regular spots. This is just to big of a lake to run and gun all day.

Not many Walleye caught in that stretch of river I've been told this year. Chocolate Milk as well as lack of parking at the free ramp due to the new bridge construction I haven't put in the boat in all year at Cayuga. Last year we were there at least once a month, even missed the boat races which are a Blast watching from the boat.

Today I noticed the ramp is blocked by a pile of Jersey blocks. Plus nowhere to park on the public roads at the trailer park anymore. The OPP have been ticketing trucks all summer, not really fair to the home and cottage owners there either.. That is an expensive 'venture when you are paying to launch and $100.00 for no stopping zone, maybe more?

If you head back try Fire tiger Rappala. J9 or larger shad rap again in Firetiger. Tip with a worm on the trailing treble. Large Colorado firetiger pattern with a few shinny blades thrown in your homemade worm harness, shinny gold and silver beads.

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks