grand river walleye

needabreak77

anyone catchin any walleye on the grand yet?
im in brantford and have not seemed to find any so far.
help a brother out

I saw a lot of trolling on saturday, but haven't heard any reports of success or failure.

I walk the Grand River between Caledonia and York. Today will be my first attempt this year so I will let you know how I do. From past experience I can tell you spring is the best time to catch big walleye. I would be surprised to not catch anything right now. Come to think of it, I don't think walleye are open until May 24 on the river I better double check before going.

Spawn is done on the grand . Trolled from the dam to Maitland and only sheepshead and pike. Did find a few off Mohawk island though. Nice eater size . Lots of white perch out there . Above the dam near brand there some isolated pockets that always hold a few.

Thanks for reinforcing this important reminder.

Thanks for posting the reminder, those little one-sided tin signs are not easy to spot especially in a little bit of chop.

Please excuse my ignorance, where is this found in the regulations? I don't see it anywhere

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks