Fishing Report GPS fishfinders what to buy

keeper

Would a Hook 7 be a suitable replacement for a Garmin GPSMAP 172C ?
It is for 25ft pleasure boat used in Long Point Bay. The old one is moody and sometimes does not work. Need it to go thru the gap and around the bluffs and to get home and just to find out where I am. I need to have the big screen for the older eyes (My eyes) . I don't fish off it since it the floating cottage and money pit. I used my tinny for fishing and it has an ELITE 4 on it which I am still trying to learn how to us.
thanks for any suggestions.

..I've got an Elite 5 on the Doral..its a few years old now but well suits my needs..especially like the split screen feature..not sure what a Hook 7 even is..

You should go see Monty at Angling Outfitters . They will help you out . He has a post about there open house this weekend . Prices are great .

Hook 7 is made by the same company as the Elite series and is similar just renamed by Lowrance. Has a 7 inch screen to help old guys see and not run into things. I emailed the company and that is what they recommended. Waiting for response from Garmin.

Hey keeper, the Hook 7 looks like a basic fishfinder gps combo. It does not have all the bells and whistles, but probably you would not use them anyway. I just bought one from Monty as well. Installed it this week and I am looking forward to using it soon.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks