Government launch

average ryan

Hey just looking to see if anyone uses the government dock we have an ontario park's pass and the launch is included. Just looking to see how it is getting in a out ect.

If you mean Long point PP: Yes I use it. The ramp is steeper than many. The docks along the sides are in thick weeds- I try not to use them or tilt the motor up. Not a ton of water depth, but enough to get out unless you have a big 25+ foot boat. I have definitely hung up on bog mats early in the year if the water clarity is bad, but later in the year once the weeds stand out of the water it is easier, plus they've been chopped up by everyone else.

Saw a ~ 18" goldfish swimming in there last time 🤣

The provincial park ramp is actually one of the nicer ones on the bay, however it is better for smaller boats. It's narrow and shallow. 16' tinny go for it. 24' centre console it's best you didn't.

Hey thats awesome thanks everyone!
I have a 17' bass tracker so it shouldn't be a problem.
Do they have certain hours at all

Hey thats awesome thanks everyone!
I have a 17' bass tracker so it shouldn't be a problem.
Do they have certain hours at all
Yes but go when they're closed and just go in. Sometimes they leave a note on your car to pay on the way out... sometimes they don't.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks