GoPro Video from December Deer Hunt

Jwalsh

One of the Bucks I took this season.

Awesome shot! Nice looking buck, he'll make for some tasty meals:) gotta get me a go pro cam for hunting and fishing to catch those great stories like yers that words just can't describe!!

Yes, I have found it to be a fun toy to have well out fishing or hunting. I think i'm going to try and drop it down the ice fishing hole to catch some hot perch fishing action out on the bay this winter.

Thanks!
I was shooting my 12 Gauge Remington 870 with a slug barrel, Winchester Super-X Sabot 1 ounce slug, 2-3/4". I love this gun, I also have longer barrels for it that I use for turkey and waterfowl hunting. This gun takes a beating and performs awesome and is very affordable, no need to spend thousands on a gun IMO!

Last two shot gun seasons, I haven't had luck with slugs with my Baikal MP 153 russian made 12 ga with smooth barrel. I used rifled 2 3/4" Remington slugs. Otherwise it works great for pretty much anything, goose, bunnies, turkey. Your video encouraged me to invest in slug barrel. Thanks for sharing.

@Jwalsh ... I have the same setup, except I use Hornady sabots, but I have had a bugger of a time sighting it in. What distance did you sight yours in for?

@Jwalsh ... I have the same setup, except I use Hornady sabots, but I have had a bugger of a time sighting it in. What distance did you sight yours in for?

Since I do not have a scope on that gun, I sight mine in from 25, 50 and 75 yds, and adjust accordingly based on the distance the deer would be. I have a pretty good idea what the slug will do in distances up to 125yds.

Nice buck and nice shot! I bought a go pro last year and love it,Awsome to look back on footage of the deers behavior and shots.What screen resolution do you use ? I think I had mine on 1080 and the deer appear very small past 40-50 yards on screen.
Ludwig - try using different slugs . Remington slugs shoot best out of my Winchester. Buddy has same gun and his shoots Winchester slugs better. Hornady was the worst out of mine. And don't flinch.

hahaha ... Yea, you sure know you've touched something off when you trip the trigger on one of those Hornadys ... 2,000 FPS at the muzzle ... downright cruel with a short barrelled shottie ... LOL
And ... that really is one beautiful buck :)

Nice buck and nice shot! I bought a go pro last year and love it,Awsome to look back on footage of the deers behavior and shots.What screen resolution do you use ? I think I had mine on 1080 and the deer appear very small past 40-50 yards on screen.
Ludwig - try using different slugs . Remington slugs shoot best out of my Winchester. Buddy has same gun and his shoots Winchester slugs better. Hornady was the worst out of mine. And don't flinch.

I believe I have mine at 1080 as well. I filmed alot of does and fawns this past October from my treestand and even at 25-30yds and being up in a tree 15-20' the deer are still small looking.
I also tried the Hornady slugs and I couldn't believe how off the mark I was, not sure if its the kick back or something else, but I found those cheapo simple slugs were the most accurate.

Maybe those Hornady's are simply too fast to be stable. I thought it was just me, but now that I think back on it, I had quite a bit of dificulty sighting both my 12 ga, and 20 ga using Hornady's. Well, off we got to the gunstore again to load up on Remingtons and Winchesters ... LOL

I think they have been around for a while. I'm sure the new ones with the green tips are good aswell,but abit more pricy. The wads have more flights that open up, that may be the difference.?

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks