Good Niagara River Drift Guides?

DaveJ

A few of us are looking at doing one of the Niagara River drift charters for steelhead, browns, lakers. Any good guides that any of you have used?

Best there is if you can book him...

Was wondering this myself and also thought of Paul Castellano but is probably booked solid who else is there that is of this quality and top notch .

you can't go wrong with Mark Defoy, he's been fishing the river for years, very good trout fisher and he knows the river, you'll get fish. His other captains are really good as well, I've fished the bank with all these guys and they know their stuff, tough to get a day with Paul, he books up fast

I checked his web site and there are no listed dates open for the year...?? if its current.
I second Paul. We have had many great trips with him. Best to give Paul a call or send him a text. He just cancelled tomorrow's outing for us- something about the water looking like chocolate milk.

You might want to wait a couple of weeks to let the water clear up. I overlook Mohawk bay and the water is like mud after the wind. I have never seen it this dirty. The Niagara river will be dark for a while.

Shouldnt take a few weeks for water to clear on lower. Was there yesterday morning was about 8" vis. Not ideal, but I have had some very, very good days there in similar conditions. Did not check beneath the dams though as sometimes its slightly more off there. A few cold nights without strong west winds it will be prime. Niagara fishes its best if you get it right after a blowout rather than when the lake freezes and you have 10'+ vis. Also in my personal opinion right now the US side just seems to fish better than our side something maybe to keep in mind while booking...

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks