Fishing Report Good day with my son on the pier

• Thread starter Deleted member 5866
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 5866

Picked my son up at stupid o'clock this morning, made our way to Pt Bruce in heavy fog without hitting the 2 deer that bolted out in front of us on Dexter Line just west of Quaker Rd. Line in the water by 5:45 left at 11:30ish. Between us we caught 16 yellows, (kept 9, the rest were way too small and went back in the drink) 15 sheephead, and 1 big white perch. (which I gave away) Would have stayed longer but the expected afternoon kick up in the wind came a couple hours earlier than they predicted and the lake whipped up pretty good and was breaking over the end and west side of the pier (which is where we were catching perch.) We didn't get a bite after we moved to the east side. Before the wind picked up the guy beside me on the west side caught 4 yellows, one was a nice big jumbo, but that one nice big jumbo was the only jumbo I saw caught while we were there.

Trevor---what's your idea of stupid o'clock in the morning???? for me its on the road at four:rolleyes::eek:
Gord you almost sound like Darren, he's on the Bruce pier with line in at 3 am... now that's stupid o'clock. :wacky::wacky: :D

Trevor---what's your idea of stupid o'clock in the morning???? for me its on the road at four:rolleyes::eek:

That depends. When I was driving truck, stupid o'clock was 2:30am when I got up to go to work......now, being on a disability pension, stupid o'clock is anytime I should be sleeping, but get up to go fishing (or watch a hockey game in the winter from overseas,) well before the sun comes up. On this particular day, stupid o'clock for me was 3:45 when I woke up half an hour before the alarm went off, but to my son who is 25,........stupid o'clock is anytime he has to get up before noon when he isn't working. I made him get up and be ready and waiting outside for me for 5am or he wasn't coming with me....he was ready, but I dunno if he was awake:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Now that's stupid o'clock for sure----have? to leave at 4 to try and get a spot on the pier that's near the action---not a problem this morning tho wasn't ANYBODY there 'tall

I get up with my wife every day and see her out the door, so I'm up at 5am every day regardless. Sometimes I go back to bed, depending on how many times I woke up through the night because of my back. Most times tho I try to stay up and get after that honey do list, so that on the days I wanna go fishin, I can without worrying about what I didn't get done.

With almost non existent off shore NNW at 5km/hr switching to SSW 5km/hr around 11 tomorrow morning and even then it's still only supposed to blow at about 10km/hr at most, there will be people on the pier tomorrow for sure.

To answer your question, we got there and had a line in the water at 5:45am yesterday. There was already someone on the pier when we got there, and people on the beach. Until my plans changed earlier this morning, I was planning to get up at 4 tomorrow and be on the pier by 4:45 at the latest. But plans changed, so I won't be one of the ones on the pier tomorrow :)

Last year after a few trips out on Erie with me, the brother in law declined all further invites. I didn't understand why as we did well every time we went out.

Apparently it was stupid o`clock. Must have been horrible for him as he retired and moved to Norwich, 1/2 the distance to Burwell.

Wonder if he'll accept an invite this year. :unsure::LOL:

I have people that want to go with me until they find out what time I want to be on the road

I guess it would depend on where you were planning to go. Dover, Burwell, Bruce, Stanley, Dunnville, Colbourne, or maybe one of the ports on Lake Ontario? I suppose being in Brantford makes a bit of a difference somehow. I dunno I was born there, have lots of family there, hell I was there not 2 weeks ago and it only takes me 45 minutes give or take depending on which way I go to get there....comparatively speaking, from home it only takes me 35 minutes to get to Bruce, and an hour to get to Burwell. If they wants to go fishin bad enough, they'd get up, especially if you were to show them pictures of the last time you went :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I guess it would depend on where you were planning to go. Dover, Burwell, Bruce, Stanley, Dunnville, Colbourne, or maybe one of the ports on Lake Ontario? I suppose being in Brantford makes a bit of a difference somehow. I dunno I was born there, have lots of family there, hell I was there not 2 weeks ago and it only takes me 45 minutes give or take depending on which way I go to get there....comparatively speaking, from home it only takes me 35 minutes to get to Bruce, and an hour to get to Burwell. If they wants to go fishin bad enough, they'd get up, especially if you were to show them pictures of the last time you went :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
I try NOT to show them my avatar:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

takes me on the average hour 10 minutes from my parking lot in west brant to get to Timmies in Aylmer----45 minutes to Dover or the closest port on Ontario

I try NOT to show them my avatar:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

takes me on the average hour 10 minutes from my parking lot in west brant to get to Timmies in Aylmer----45 minutes to Dover or the closest port on Ontario

:nailbiting: yeah don't show them THAT :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks