Gobies

piggman

had the family out yesterday, we were at sand hills in 40fow. Ended up keeping about 45 decent perch. Found quite a few with half digested gobies in there throat. Anyone else notice they are finally starting to feed on gobies?

They have been feeding on them for years along with with walleye, bass and who knows what else. I hope every predator in lake gangs together to gobble up every last one them those garbage cans. LOL!!!

I was fishing the bay the other day and I ended up foul hooking a goby, atleast I believe it was a goby could of potentially been a small bowfin, hopefully these buggars dont infest the bay, even though I heard the smallies build fat on the things

i think you are suppose to kill them if you catch one...i think you cant use gobies for bait...somebody update the goby rules

I don't think you can use them as bait, you can get fined upto 300.00 for using them as bait I believe I read somewhere..... And I believe you are supposed to kill them. I used to leave them in the transom well, until the end of the day, until that one trip when i forgot to toss them into the lake , and find them one week later turned to ooze under your tarp ......awful smell. Now the get the filet knife and then back into the water.

I just use my hook pliers on them every time I catch one. Shove bottom prong into mouth, top prong over head, CRUSH... pull hook and drop gobie out of pliers over the side... watch him sink to the bottom. No muss... no fuss!

"FEELS REAL GOOD" every time I do it. :happy:

Yup I use my pliers same way as wave runner, in mouth, over the head and squeeze and pull until bottom prong comes out behind his bulging eyes.........love it!!! Always found it wierd how they can have such colour variations from light brown to pure black!! Nasty!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks