Gobies in small stream

karpfarmer

Put my minnow trap out today in a local stream. When I checked it had only one shiner in it, all the rest were gobies! This is a good trout stream, and I've only ever had the regular shiners, creek chub in my trap. They were 4-5" long too, not even sure how they stuck their big heads into the trap opening. Makes me worried about the future fishery

yes its a problem,some agencey dropped the ball on this years ago,but now blames everyone else for it,except themselves ,you should also realize now since you got gobies in your trap you are now according to these seem people in possession of illegal bait(dead or alive) ,weather its for one minute an hour or 24 hours, with even no intention of doing so or not and that's what its come to,its not stewardship any more,its called a witch hunt cash grab....

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks