gobbling

B

Big Dave

I am on my 3rd outing for turkey this season. I have seen some birds but not had a shot yet.

I haven't heard any gobbling. Has anyone else heard much?

BD

I think the rain has something to do with it just a guess
got one more tag so i'm going to try tomorrow the birds are acting funny this year
acting like they do in the late season.I find the same thing one day they are gobbling
and the next they don't say a thing i don't think anyone will really figure them out

Last edited:
Dave, Where I am the birds are gobbling, just cant get them close enough.
I did miss one opening morning but thats another.
Our common buddy, Mr. Howe can tell you how he made me spend a few hundred to overcome that problem, lol.

i have gobbling going on every morning i been out. Going to take the daughter tomarrow morning to try to get # 2 Tom

Yes sir, with these bad boys you'll be able to walk right through the flock undetected.

I am on my 3rd outing for turkey this season. I have seen some birds but not had a shot yet.

I haven't heard any gobbling. Has anyone else heard much?

BD
I haven't bin out this week but the opener they only gobbled in the roost,,, sat morn they were gobbling until I shut one up at 6:50 am. :dead:

Same thing at my hunting spot BD....no gobbling to be heard but I know they're around cause I've seen tracks, droppings and dust bowls everywhere! I did see a tom strutting around but couldn't get close enough....I'm sure it will happen for ya lots of time left and next week looks like some nicer weather(y) Good luck

I am out now. Another 10 minutes. Nothing moving. Course 1 probably walked by while posting

This morning watched a nice tom fly down. He did a little clucking, but didn't gobble once. Who knows why.

Thanks for the replies. I haven't heard a gobble yet this year.....:(

I had 3 birds gobbling on the roost this morning and then out in the field in front of me, just couldn't get them close enough due to hens calling like crazy, going back out tomorrow with no coy and gonna try a ambush

I have heard gobbling the 2 mornings I have been out, however, stopped around 7. Both days I had birds come in to the field silent. I had no idea there were even in the area. It is very strange and no response to calls.

This is day 2 in a row for not even seeing a bird for me. I am going to try another spot in the morning. I left tonight just before a Big storm came in, lightening and all:eek:

BD

I had 2 toms gobbling like crazy this morning about 150yds away but couldn't call them close enough....they were chasing a couple hens:banghead: , then an hour later had a coyote come within 100yds of my decoys looking pretty interested in them! Too bad I didn't have my .223

I am glad someone is hearing them. Iam out this morning. I thought I heard a distant gobble but it was so far off I had to check my rate plan! I passed on a Jake earlier in the week. Wish I had taken him now:mad:

Finally. Had gobbling for 30 min. 5 or 6 birds. Tried to sneak on them and they made me. I could have shot at 30 yds but wasn't sure teh 1 had sight on was tom. Dam!

Think the season is late this year, birds seem to want to be in large groups both birds I harvested this year came in to my spread of 16 decoys. Talked to a few others that are hunting with your normal spread and bird just seem to walk away

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks