Goat's and wild hog's

can't miss

We keep a couple of goats here, grand kid's love them and they keep a brush area knocked down. One passed this winter, so I have been checking Kijiji for a companion goat??
Was amazed to find out wild hog's are for sale, no permit's, no license, nothing. We've all watched the hog hunting vid's, but I don't think we want them here, bet they'd really put a hurt on our native game and agriculture?

you are correct, but look how fast cattle, horse's or even dog's become feral/wild, if loose for any amount of time in the bush. My concern is how long before some "Bubba" decides to start his own population in a local swamp?

We've had farmed hogs for lots of years up here. Fenced canned farmed hunt able hogs.

Maybe they castrate them so they don't further breed outside of a few breeding stock?

agreed, and like your term, " canned hunts". Just saying, all the places that now have problematic wild hog population's started somewhere, and alot of them were started by people with a short sighted idea of starting a new sporting opportunity?
also agree, we've had game farm's for year's, but they are regulated. Deer, elk, bison farm,s ect. are all licensed, permit required operation's.
Wild strain hog,s being sold in a public classified ad, never seen that before? Seem's like just asking for a problem?

There is a problem with feral hogs in eastern Ontario. Point these sights out to a conservation officer

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks