Fishing Report Go after Fish or Duck ???

Three Bouys

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Took advantage of the weather conditions to do some perch fishing and give my shoulder a break from the kick back of the shotgun.
It was a good choice to do some of the perch action on the inner bay in 7’ of water. The bite was on as soon as we dropped anchor and lines in. There was a few throw backs but we managed to bring in 32 perfect keepers for a couple of hours being there. Lost my FIRST fall pike right at the boat and it would have been a keeper🤬
Couldn’t say how many boats were there, they were scattered and I don’t think it mattered where you dropped anchor.
Back to duck hunting tomorrow morning and switching over from blind hunting to layout shooting of diver ducks
IMG_6155.jpegIMG_6157.jpegIMG_6158.jpeg72047484482__629FB972-9B44-4376-9E17-1F1B9D44F50A.jpeg72047860538__718489F3-56AA-432D-9E02-CD71C1A4FCAB.jpeg

Couple good feeds for you and the young fella...

Y'all ever wonder why we only have a possession limit for fish, but we have a daily bag limit and a possession limit for waterfowl? Could it be because we do not have commercial harvesting of waterfowl, but we do of fish...?

I heard some of the hunters from my side of the bay shooting this morning, then could have swore I saw a Bankes boat in the perch pack today.

Good to hear you got into some yellow bellies for a meal (y)

We were 2 of Bankes boats out there today @Extra Virgin. It was nice to have a pole in my hands over holding the gun for a change. Thought maybe we would have some fins and feathers for dinner tonight but Brandon changed that fish tacos.
We could hear some shots over in Little Rice Bay this afternoon. As for the Unit, hunting is only Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays

Y'all ever wonder why we only have a possession limit for fish, but we have a daily bag limit and a possession limit for waterfowl? Could it be because we do not have commercial harvesting of waterfowl, but we do of fish...?
@rastam4n Not certain I understood exactly right, but it seems similar to me? With fishing we do have province wide possession limits (as well as FMZ specific possession limits) and daily limits that are specific to FMZs. And they are not all always the same, though they can be.

Example: Province wide possession for Northern pike = 6

But in FMZ 14 / Georgian Bay:
Limits: S-2; in one day, possession limit of four, not more than one greater than 86 centimetres, and C-1; in one day, possession limit of two, not more than one greater than 86 centimetres

So with a sport license you could catch two pike in a day and limit out. Freeze those two, and catch 2 more the next day and you'll hit both your daily limit and limit from that zone. No more G Bay pike allowed for you, but you could go to another zone and keep 2 more and reach province wide limit.

Then you have to gift or eat some fish!

PS sorry for the not so related discussion @Three Bouys . Nice catch! I really wanted to get out with the kids yesterday with that forecast and fishing reports from the day before, but just couldn't make it happen.

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks