Glasgow tomorrow evening? Winds

zzguffy901

Looking to head out but I’m unsure with the winds looking at wind finder it’s saying .7 foot waves but windy is calling for 15 mph with gusts of 20. I know I can use the web cam but with the North wind I’m guessing it won’t show much for waves on the lake.

Thanks!

Wed or Thursday evening look better
Have to agree! I’d like to get out Wednesday evening but not in the cards. Perhaps a buddy and I will get out on the lake on Thursday. We’ll see.

zzguffy - not sure of your boat or comfort level, but I have a 16’ side console and prefer a 15 kph or less wind. A wind with north component in the range is good else a west or southwest. I am not a fan of 20 kph or more gust. With my boat and comfort level for this boat, gotta pick your days. Tight lines!

We went out of Glasgow last night. Left port around 4 and had 8 Bows on (lost 4) and 5 Walleye. Saw the clouds darken around 7 and decided to pack up. Within 60 seconds of getting the riggers stowed, the winds picked up and hail pelted us hard enough to sting the skin.

Water was a manageable roller of around 2' with the occasional white cap of twice that.

We couldn't see land, or anything else to be honest for 15 minutes. Quite a wild ride - be careful out there.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks