Fishing Report Glasgow Thursday morning 9/21/2023

scrimmy

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Well I wasn't planning on fishing today but my younger brother from Chatham called me up and asked if I had any Walleye. I did not want to give him frozen but fresh so I told him to meet me down at Glasgow at 11:00 AM. I got down to the boat at 6:00 AM and went to Marina. Water was a little iffy with pretty strong south winds so I decided to pull the boat to Rodney to powerwash the inside as it stunk and had algee on the carpet around the livewell from all the fish being laid down there. Mission accomplished and the carpet looks brand new. Headed back to marina and decided to head out. Was still a south wind so it was a slow ride out to 55 fow. 1 rigger and 1 dipsy. rigger down 50' with greasy chisken wing and dipsy on 3 back 120' with RRF green and gold. Rigger hit right off the bat with a 3lb walleye. Then the dipsy fired with a nice bow. Fished out to 63 fow and called it. Total was 13 Walleye and 1 bow and 1 sheep. Lost a really big bow at 60 fow. My brother Dale showed up just as I was cleaning the last 2 fish for him. Well my younger brother Dale got his 6 fresh Walleye and a bonus Rainbow.

Attachments

• Thursday sunrise.jpg
    Thursday sunrise.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 61
  • thursday fish.jpg
    thursday fish.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 71
  • Fresh from the carwash.jpg
    Fresh from the carwash.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 70
  • fish today for younger brother.jpg
    fish today for younger brother.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:
You are on them consistantly day in day out!!!
What boat are you running now? I'm looking...

You are on them consistantly day in day out!!!
What boat are you running now? I'm looking...
It is in the picture on above post
@DaveJ 2008 Legend 18' Xtreme These were my last 5 boats. The Campion I did not like and sold it after 1 year. The Sylvan was my last charter boat, The Trophy was my charter boat before the Sylvan and the Bayliner 2452 before that and the Islander was my second Charter boat. I don't have a picture of my first charter boat a Starcraft Fiberglass American 25'

Attachments

• campion.jpg
    campion.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 61
  • sylvan.jpg
    sylvan.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 57
  • trophy.jpg
    trophy.jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 61
  • starcraft1.jpg
    starcraft1.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 61
  • Bayliner24521.jpg
    Bayliner24521.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:
Planning on getting out this weekend out of Stanley. What trolling speed where you using today?

Planning on getting out this weekend out of Stanley. What trolling speed where you using today?
3.2 mph on the GPS as I did not put down the fishawk as I left the probe at home.

It is in the picture on above post
@DaveJ 2008 Legend 18' Xtreme These were my last 5 boats. The Campion I did not like and sold it after 1 year. The Sylvan was my last charter boat, The Trophy was my charter boat before the Sylvan and the Bayliner 2452 before that and the Islander was my second Charter boat. I don't have a picture of my first charter boat a Starcraft Fiberglass American 25'
All beautiful boats Wayne and I thought long and hard about contacting you about your Islander back when you had originally posted it for sale. That was a beautiful boat but unfortunately it was just a little over what I was willing to pay at the time but definitely a great price!!! I've always loved the Islanders before and after I had the chance to get out in one and actually experience how they handled. Absolutely beautiful boats.

All beautiful boats Wayne and I thought long and hard about contacting you about your Islander back when you had originally posted it for sale. That was a beautiful boat but unfortunately it was just a little over what I was willing to pay at the time but definitely a great price!!! I've always loved the Islanders before and after I had the chance to get out in one and actually experience how they handled. Absolutely beautiful boats.
I did love my Islander. I sold it to a Gentleman from New York State and he just loves it. He sends me pictures of his trips to Lake Ontario and some New York inland lakes. He loves taking out his grand children in it. He still has the boat and she is going strong.

Scrimmy, what would you buy if you were in the market today for a good used boat for fishing mainly solo out of Glasgow.

Scrimmy, what would you buy if you were in the market today for a good used boat for fishing mainly solo out of Glasgow.
If I had to do it again I would buy another 19' Islander with an outboard and a kicker both 4 stroke.

3.2 mph on the GPS as I did not put down the fishawk as I left the probe at home.
Thank you, that is a little faster than I usually troll. I most go around 2.8. Maybe that’s why people catch more fish than me.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks