Glasgow June 5th

Minnownite

On the water at 6:15. Foggy. Still foggy. Never been so pulled out of port till we hit 20FOW and set up. Trying various setups from 5’ down to 1’ off the bottom. From reef runner to RRF to harnesses. Not a thing. Moving between 20 and 40 FOW with no luck. Keep cruising I guess. Flies are bad but not nearly as bad as I’ve seen. Lake is CAAAALM!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 53
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 52
Try changing the trolling speed, @Minnownite . Start with something like 1.5 mph, then try increasing to 2.2 mph or so. Do it on/off. Also try trolling using S paths to cover more area. Try also further boards with about 20ft depth, there are some crazy steelheads in the area. If you mark fish and no bites for a while, change the bait. Tight lines!

Out as well. Only one so far. As stated flies are BAD ?. 27FOW 2.5-3 colour lead with blue/silver RR was the winner for that one. Also have stuff stacked from the bottom to top 5ft and not getting any further takers. Smoked leamington yesterday so the short drive today is good but slow fishing...... not so much hahaha

Flies were very light yesterday when we out but the trip before were the worst I've ever experienced in my lifetime on Erie. It certainly doesn't help when the fishing is slow as well. ? Good luck guys hope the fishing picks up for you today. (y)

Talked with you at the ramp this morning. Marked alot of bait and fish between 34 and39 but no takers for 3 hrs. moved to 48 and picked 2 fish dragging bottom with the sonar totally blank. Got sick of bugs and thick fog and off water about 11am.

Yep she was a grind today for sure. The fish are there no doubt. Screen was full non stop when we hit 40-42fow. All fish up high 30ft or less. Picked up a few, 5 colour lead on RRF gold and rigger down 28 RRF as well. Ran cheaters and dipseys as well but nothing on them. Bugs were absolutely brutal today. No wind, heavy fog till 2pm. Just a off day out there. Should pick up soon though with the amount of fish marked today.

Back