Fishing Report Glasgow AM 8/25/2021

scrimmy

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Well weather sites were wrong again. Headed out at 6:15 am in the dark. First time to use plug in Light s on the boat. Lake was flat calm. Put out the big boards and had a fish on before I got to the riggers. Wind started to pick up fast and had some good size whitecaps. Had 4 Walleye in the livewell and one 7 lb Steely. Had waves crashing over the bow which was not a good thing since I have a bow rider. I turned to tell Dave we were going to head in but he was busy talking to the garbage bag. I heard Greg call me on the VHF to say there was a small craft warning out. By this time the wind really picked up and the waves. I had to come in at 7 mph. It took me an hour to get back to Port. For the length of time we were out we did ok. Black and gold RRF took 3 walleye and the taildancer took the other. Dave lost the 5th Walleye trying to put it in the livewell. It jumped out of his hands and jumped off the back of the boat. I had a good laugh. The rainbow was caught on black and gold RRF.

Attachments

• bow1.jpg
    bow1.jpg
    569.6 KB · Views: 98
  • station1.jpg
    station1.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 92
  • wave1.jpg
    wave1.jpg
    304.5 KB · Views: 92
  • wave2.jpg
    wave2.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 94
Last edited:
Well weather sites were wrong again. Headed out at 6:15 am in the dark. First time to use plug in Light s on the boat. Lake was flat calm. Put out the big boards and had a fish on before I got to the riggers. Wind started to pick up fast and had some good size whitecaps. Had 4 Walleye in the livewell and one 7 lb Steely. Had waves crashing over the bow which was not a good thing since I have a bow rider. I turned to tell Dave we were going to head in but he was busy talking to the garbage bag. I heard Greg call me on the VHF to say there was a small craft warning out. By this time the waves really picked up and the waves. I had to come in at 7 mph. For the length of time we were out we did ok. Black and gold RRF took 3 walleye and the taildancer took the other. Dave lost the 5th Walleye trying to put it in the livewell. It jumped out of his hands and jumped off the back of the boat. I had a good laugh. The rainbow was caught on black and gold RRF.
Yah saw the wind picked up to over 20knots there around 8-9am 😧

Ya scrimmy out of Bruce this morning only had small window .soo started at 59 ft and 60 ..got 12 in the box before it kicked up at 9:00..I respect Erie and fucked off !!..Went from 5 knots too 27 in 15 mins white caps ..ohh well did ok for the short window ..

Attachments

• 20210825_111022.jpg
    20210825_111022.jpg
    174.1 KB · Views: 32
  • 20210825_111347.jpg
    20210825_111347.jpg
    142.6 KB · Views: 32
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks